Margo

The morning was a quiet one. Mrs Lovett had been early to rise and had left Sweeney to get back to sleep after his awakening in the early hours of the morning. She had changed back into her work clothes and headed out of his shop to start the new day. Nellie still had so much on her mind, what with Toby, Edward and his sister whom she had just met last night. It seemed that her whole world seemed to revolve around the barber, not that she minded of course. She loved him, so dearly and deeply that she didn't mind her main focus seemed to alway be on him. However, she also knew she had bigger responsibilities now, one in which was Toby.

Walking into her pie shop, Mrs Lovett began opening the curtains to the windows to allow in some light. Even through it seemed a rather gloomy day. But then when wasn't it a gloomy day in fleets street...

"Good morning" a small voice came from behind her.

Whizzing round in slight surprise Mrs Lovett steadied herself seeing Edwards sister standing there smiling at her.

"Morning" she awkwardly replied painting on the most confident of smiles, hiding the awkwardness she truly felt about having some lady she had never met living under her roof. A woman so beautiful it didn't seem right that she was in such a settling. Margo's dress was a gorgeous lilac that was not creased like hers was and not tatty or plain either for that matter. Mrs Lovett couldn't help the envy she felt looking at her dress, it was so beautiful.

"You like the dress?" Margo spoke so angelic and sweet that Mrs Lovett wondered what faults she might have, if any. She was perfect in every way and her beauty was sending the baker almost jealous as she looked at her. Yes she was a lot younger but that didn't matter, she had yellow hair for christ sake thats what everyman dreamed of in their ideal woman...

"It's very pretty dear, the detail is so complicated" Mrs Lovett gushed stepping closer to admire the dress further which had Margo smirking at the bakers interest. "My seamstress has quite the eye Mrs Lovett, maybe she could take a look at yours?" Margo stated quite innocently and yet her words had hit Nellie like a knife through the chest. How dare she!

Looking into the bakers almost surprised face Margo was quick to defend herself "Please don't take it as if I'm telling you your dress needs looking at...it's just a few touches here and there could really make the difference..."

Biting the inside of her cheek trying not to take offence Mrs Lovett looked down at herself seeing the odd torn lace here and there and the tattiness of her skirts. Never had she felt so embarrassed, she never really cared about her appearance, but seeing how ripped and ragged her dresses really were she felt almost ashamed at herself. Margo was obviously judging her and by the look in her eye Mrs Lovett could tell she seemed almost disgusted by her.    

"Morning" Edward's hoarse voice came cutting through the awkward atmosphere of the pie shop.

Braving a smile towards Edward as he approached them Nellie cleared her throat and turned to him "Sleep alright?" she asked as he now stood in front of them both looking more tired then ever. He was dressed and had clearly shaven, however she could seen in his eyes that he was unsettled. He really looked shattered.

"Fine, missed having you beside me though" he began running his arms around her waist much to Nellie's discomfort. At one time she would have melted into his arms but now it seemed to rattle her, made her anxious. Not to mention Margo was standing right there in front of them...

"Speakin' of which, we should discuss the sleepin' arrangements considerin' you'll both be ere' for a while" With that she moved away from Edwards hold and walked behind her counter pulling out different pots and pans onto the work top. Why she felt so skittish she would never know, only having Edward back did bring back those feelings of guilt and betrayal. Whenever she was around Sweeney her thoughts of Edward seemed to subside, but having him here under her roof again was really something to hit a nerve inside her. She couldn't even bring herself to look at him she felt so ashamed.