Monster

The evening soon loomed over the dark streets of London. Both Mrs Lovett and Toby had been busy most of the day, what with customers drawing in and out morning till noon. The day had been successful and Mrs Lovett was smiling proudly as she counted out the money they had made today on the counter top. Toby closed the sign on the shop door to closed and smiled brightly seeing Mrs Lovett counting out all the coins they had both collected.

"Good god what a day" Nellie giggled brushing the coins into the cup of her hand and placing them into her savings bag. "I think we deserve a treat, don't you?" she smirked over at toby who's eyes lit up in wonder and excitement.

Walking over to him with a few coins in her hand she poured them into his palm and kissed his cheek. "Go fetch us some toffees and a small box of chocolates" she grinned only laughing a little when his mouth opened agape with the idea of indulging himself with yummy chocolates and toffees.

"Alright mum" he cheered and with that said he rushed out of the shop leaving Mrs Lovett to stand there smiling after him with her hands firmly on her hips. The undying love she had for that boy made her smile warmly to herself. She felt so pleased that he had come into her life, she honestly didn't know what and how she had ever lived without him.

Walking back over to the work top Nellie placed the till back under the counter and hid her savaging under a floor board just beneath the small stove. It seemed hiding special goods under floor boards was her ideal way of protecting them. Like her secret safe that only she could find.

After about 15 minutes of waiting for Toby Mrs Lovett had cleaned up her shop and had pulled out a bottle of gin ready for the pair of them to share. She knew she had also promised Sweeney a glass or two in celebrating for Turpin's death but he would just have to wait or join her and Toby. Now that her mind had travelled back to the barber, that too seemed to bring a smile to her pale lips. The man was an animal when ever he was around her now. Sweeney couldn't take his eyes or hands off her whenever she was present in the room, which even now made her giggle a little to herself. A few months ago he would be irritated by the very sight of her and now all he ever seemed to want to do was rip her clothes off. The very thought now making her blush and bit her bottom lip.

Maybe now the Judge was dead he would finally want to move on. Maybe he could learn to forget the past and learn to love her now. She only hoped he would.

The bell above her shop chimed and she smiled happily seeing Toby enter with a small paper bag of goods. "Was awfully expensive mum, you sure this is alright?" he asked as he closed the door behind him.

"Of course dear, we ave to live a little too ya know" Now she had met him by the door Nellie took the bag from him and pulled out the chocolates and toffees he had brought. "Don't know bout' you love but I can feel me'self drawling already" she giggled again opening the chocolates and popping one into her mouth. Closing her eyes as the creamy chocolate melted away in her mouth she smiled like a kid. "I have no regrets" she smirked re-opening her eye and offering one to Toby. Grinning from ear to ear he too took one and savoured the flavour as if his life depended on it. "Oh so this is what heaven taste like.."

Laughing at him Nellie told him to sit in the booth while she grabbed the bottle of gin and two glasses. As soon as she reached the booth she pulled the cork out of the bottle with a pop and poured them both a glass before sitting opposite him and opening the toffees as well. Toby watched in pure delight as she ripped open the brown paper bag of toffees a little to display them all out on the table for them.

"Mum why do I feel so guilty" he bit his lip eyes wide as he saw all the naughty treats displayed out in front of them. Nellie picked up her glass of gin and glanced at him with a smirk as she took a sip. "We work blimmin' ard' for this so don't feel guilty son" with that said she picked up another small chocolate from the tray and placing it in her mouth. Toby smiled again knowing nothing would ever live up to this moment in his life again, This was perfect...