So much for waiting.

The naughty giggles and child like laughter coming from his mum would normally make him smile. However, sitting by the warm fire Toby certainly wasn't smiling considering the one person making her act like this was the one that caused him the most misery. Sweeney bloody Todd. It was dark, the day had been as busy as any other and sharing an evening which he thought would have been a private one was ruined as soon as the barber showed up one hour ago now. Toby had enjoyed sharing a glass of gin with his mum whilst sharing stories of their hectic day and the odd annoying customer they were both dealing with. It was the only time he really had to spend time one to one with her and now that Sweeney had joined them, most probably to steal the gin had irritated him beyond belief.

Toby didn't realise Mr Todd and Mrs Lovett were back on speaking terms. He didn't realise whatever the hell they were arguing about seemed to be cleared up just like that! He gathered the barber got bored of not having someone to wait on him hand a foot. Not only that but to also see to his disgusting needs as a man that he must of come running back when he realised just what he was missing. The very thought had Toby screwing up his nose in hate as he looked at the pair of them chatting on the settee. He also knew his mum was far to stupid to see that this bastard was just using her for his own benefits and for that he really was going to be in a fowl mood tonight.

Toby was sick and tired of Mrs Lovett's foolishness. Her behaviour the other night with the sailors was bad enough but taking the barber back after he so clearly hurt her was much worse. Just what the bloody hell did Sweeney Todd have that Edward didn't? As much as he loved his mum he knew in his head that she was really a fool. He just wanted her to see that too, all he wanted was for her to live a healthy and happy life and being with Sweeney Todd was something Toby was sure would only break her.

"So I told Mr Travis that if he ain't gonna by a pie, then i don't want e'm wastin' me precious time...I mean we ave' customers flyin' in an out all day long and that ol' blighter thinks i ave' time to sit and chat....well I'm sorry but I know why e's really snoopin' about me shop an' i'll tell ya dear it ain't to buy one of me pies that's for sure... eh Toby" Mrs Lovett rambled, glass of gin in hand as she snuggled closer to Sweeney sitting beside her only smiling as he placed his arm around the back of her shoulders.

Toby glanced over to her trying his best not to show his disgust that she was practically cuddling Sweeney in front of his eyes. However Sweeney could tell by the boys face he didn't look best pleased and for that he narrowed his eyes on him to try and work out just what his problem was.

"It's cause ya flirt back with e'm" Toby mumbled shockingly blunt and harsh that suddenly changed the whole atmosphere in the room.

Mrs Lovett felt her lips parting ever so slowly in surprise and her brow knotting together as she looked at him. Not only that but the way Toby said it sounded as if he truly was disgusted by her and that hurt. "Toby" she breathed eyes wide with surprise that he came out with such a cold statement.

Placing a hand on Sweeney's chest as she felt him tense in anger beside her, Mrs Lovett gently tapped her fingers against his chest as if to soothe him. "I do not, why would ya say such a thing?" she whispered truly hurt by that comment he made. Did he really think that of her? Did he really think she acted like such a tart with her customers. She could sense Sweeney wasn't all that happy either, she could feel his heart racing with adrenaline under her fingertips which only meant something bad was about to happen.

Standing up slowly glass in hand Toby took another little sip. It seemed he had a little to much to drink as he wobbled on his feet a little. "You gonna answer Mrs Lovett boy?" Sweeney growled lowly, his voice nothing but a dangerous rumble, that even Nellie felt uncomfortable. She turned her gaze to him seeing Sweeney's eyes as hard as nails and as black as the nights sky. As inappropriate of a time this was she found him awfully attractive at this precise moment...