The Truth - Part one

Holding the fake letter that she had written supposedly from Margo in her hands Nellie continued to read it over and over upstairs in Mr Todd's parlour. Sweeney had continued with his customers, however too focused on Nellie and her worrying to be killing any one at this precise moment. She just sat on the large trunk by the door re-reading the letter she was going to give Edward, that if he even returned.

He had told her to stop fussing and worrying over it. However she wasn't a woman to really listen and for that he was now left to watch her biting her bottom lip, worryingly as she sat reading over her own handwriting.

"All done for you sir" Sweeney finished up with his customer wiping the extract of shaving foam off his precious blade. The older gentleman thanked him and cleaned up his face with the towel from around his neck.

Leading the man to the door Mrs Lovett smiled kindly and said her goodbyes before watching Sweeney close the door behind him. Now alone he glanced down at Mrs Lovett who in response gave him a timid smile. He however didn't return the sweet gesture and instead sighed. "You told me you killed a man once, you bake my customers into pies for a living and yet this is what make's you nervous?" His voice wasn't harsh or mean but more confused and irritated.

Opening her mouth to respond Nellie shut herself up as Toby bust in through the door almost knocking Mr Todd who was practically standing in the door way. "Dammit boy!" He barked at him now that Toby was stood inside his shop without even knocking first.

"Sorry Mr Todd, Mum ave' ya seen Margo? We were meant to be goin' to the market this afternoon but I ain't seen her?" Toby innocently asked scratching his temple.

Nellie felt her inside twist with guilt and she glanced quickly at Sweeney before answering. "She left dear, told me she had some urgent business at home" Toby frowned at this.

"But why would she leave without saying goodbye?" He continued to frown.

"Did you not hear Mrs Lovett, it was urgent" Sweeney cut in losing his patients with the little street rat. Glancing again at Sweeney Mrs Lovett could tell the boys presence was annoying him and for that she felt truly sad. How would they ever be happy if he didn't find away to get to know the boy. She loved them both equally so what was she to do...

"Listen love, why don't ya run off to the market now? but don't be too long it will get dark soon" she said standing up from the trunk and pressing a kiss to the top of his head before messing up his hair with her hand.

"Alright Mum" he smiled before running out the door leaving the bell above to ring loudly as the door came to a sudden close.

Standing there, her back facing the barber she closed her eyes for a moment to process her dread. Edward didn't deserve any of this, he was a good man that she once cared deeply about. Mrs Lovett felt Sweeney's hand settle on her shoulder from behind. "Stop worrying pet" he whispered softly closing in on her from behind and running his arms around her waist tightly before pressing sweet kisses to the back of her neck. Kisses that she adored so much from him as the soothes her and made her forget her problems so easily. The sweet and tender ones she wanted to feel all over her body...

Biting her bottom lip and closing her eyes Mrs Lovett gulped at the heat from his body and the strong gorgeous smell of his cologne. His hands slowly moved down her waist and began massaging her hips. She couldn't help but think of how much she missed him... how much she wanted him and to greedily take his love.

His warm breath tickled her neck while his kisses explored more of her skin. Starting from her shoulders, up her neck line until his soft lips began toying with her ear lobe. "Turn around" he instructed her his own desire building up inside him.

Moving around slowly Nellie faced him with a look far deeper then desire....

He smiled at the fire in her eyes and glanced down to look at her, only smirking at how her breasts heaved over her dress with her sudden heavy breathing. His eyes lingered there for a moment till he felt her dainty hand cup his face to look back at her. As soon as he met her eyes again he smirked at the way she gulped under his own black orbs knowing full well what he wanted....and what she did too...

Running her thumb over his cheek she slowly pulled herself in closer. Her body pressing up against his, their short breaths colliding at the now close proximity of their lips. Without wasting another minute she closed in on the distance covering her lips over his not so gently.

She smiled into the kiss when he suddenly pushed them up against his door roughly. The bell rung out a little at the in-packed and she groan in delight as his lips savagely danced along with hers in perfect sync.

Grabbing at her hips Sweeney ran his hands up her tight corset while his lips continued to fight for dominance. Breaking away for some air Sweeney dipped his head into the crook of her neck and began kissing her there while his fingers got to work on untying the front of her dress.

Groaning in bliss as his talent lips moved further towards her cleavage, her head arched back into the door.

After untying the front of her dress he was quick to lift his head back up and kiss her lips once again with so much fire and passion. Her hands ran up his shirt feeling his warm body under the thin material.....

"Eleanore? Are you upstairs?"

The pair of them jolted in surprise, eyes wide and faces shocked from hearing Edward heading up the stairs. "Shit" she cursed moving away from Sweeney and quickly re-fastening her dress.

To his own announce Sweeney watched as she straighten herself out. This wasn't the first time Edward had interrupted such an intense moment.

Rushing to open the door Mrs Lovett shot him an apologetic look then left within seconds. Sweeney could feel his jaw clenching just watching through the window as she met Edward halfway down the staircase.

He watched Mrs Lovett turn Edward back round to walk down to her shop. The sooner she would tell him the better it would be.

"Why were you upstairs" Edward asked through slightly narrowed eyes as they reached the bottom of the stair case. Nellie felt him looking at her with accusing eyes and for that she just wanted to pull him into the shop and tell him. Tell him that she was madly in love with the barber, tell him she always had been...

"What is that?" Edward asked again looking at the fake letter from Margo in her hands.

"It's from your sister" with shaky hands she passed it to him.

He frowned at the letter and began reading while following Nellie into her shop and into the warmth for that matter. The air was so bitter and cold at the moment just like the atmosphere was between the two of them.

"She's left?" Edward stated continuing to follow Mrs Lovett now into her bedroom to which she shut the door behind them and gave a simple nod in response to his question.

"Didn't see her go love but she left that on me worktop" Mrs Lovett lied, so quickly and so easily, even though her nerves were shaken slightly.

Edward sighed and placed the letter into his jacket before looking at a rather anxious Mrs Lovett. Seeing the nervous look in her eyes he only wanted to apologise to her for his behaviour last night. He didn't mean what he said nor did he mean to scare her.

"We need to talk" he said softly giving her the smallest of smiles as if telling her it was ok. She gulped at this, her eyes not leaving his before responding with a small nod.

"Yes..."

A/N: And so it begins....