The Truth - Part Two

She couldn't read him, not at all. She tried searching for some kind of reaction in his eyes but there was nothing there. Just a cold blank stare that looked deep into her soul, pained and hurt. Edward was left without words, as if his tongue had gone numb with Nellies confession.

The pair of them were sat on the edge of her bed. They had been in her bedroom for about half and hour now talking or listening for Edwards sake. She had finally told him the truth. Had said she was in love with Sweeney and that she had been seeing him secretly for over a month now. Had apologised over and over for her breaking their trust and being disloyal to him.

Of course she had been careful with her words. Had tried her best to avoid any details of her relationship with Sweeney that might hurt him. All Mrs Lovett had said was that she loved the barber and that she couldn't go along pretending she didn't anymore.

Edwards gaze had fallen to the floor. He didn't expect this, not at all. He also wasn't going to allow this....

"Say something love" she whispered reaching her hand out to his and giving it a tight squeeze. He didn't respond straight away just simply glanced sadly at her hand in his.

"I love you Eleanore" he answered simply, his throat dry and raw.

Closing her eyes at the guilt she held back the tears that sprung to her eyes. She hated what she had done to him. Lied and cheated pretending they were still an item when really they never were. She just didn't want to hurt him this whole time and yet it seemed that it only made this far worse.

Looking at her slowly Edward placed his free hand over their joint hands. "I wanted you to be my wife" he whispered to which she slowly opened her eyes to look at him. Her brown eyes were full of guilt and sadness and as soon as a tear escaped her eye and began to roll down her cheek Edward was quick to gently wipe it away.

"I'm sorry" her bottom lip quivered and her heart bled for him. She never wanted this to happen. She never expected a proposal from him either.

Still stroking her cheek with his thumb softly he felt his jaw clicking slightly at the thought of the barber having her. Did she know the truth about him? Did she know the disgusting secrets he had to hide?

"He's a murderer" the words just stumbled for his lips.

Her eyes widen ever so subtly hearing him say that. Her heart raced in fear and her nerves began to kick in. Did he know about Mr Todd? Did he know this all along?

"I had a friend of mine look into Mr Todd...." Edward began only to be cut off quickly.

"You got someone to spy?!" She all but gasped jumping from the bed and from him in shock.

"Yes I did! I had a bad feeling about him and wanted him well away from you!" Edward barked back eyes like fire and face turning redder with rage as he looked up at her. She wondered how long it would be until he started to yell and throw a fit.

"It turns out that most customers that visit Mr Todd's parlour don't return...can you explain that to me?" He watched closely for a reaction and seeing the nervous way she fiddled with the ends of her red hair he could tell she was guilty too.

"He has you under his control Eleanore, this isn't you! Has he blackmailed you in some way?" He asked.

"No"

"But you know about this?" He continued to question this time standing up and looking at her as if to try and read the lies painted across her beautiful face. She didn't know what to do as of now she felt at a loss of words.

"Yes" she whispered gulping as he narrowed his eyes on her.

"He has some hold over you, that bastard is going to get what's coming to him" he threatened eyes hard and angered to which Nellie shook her head quickly in worry "no he hasn't I helped him Edward!"