Blackmail

Sitting across from Edward on the very long dinning table, Mrs Lovett glared at him as he tucked into the biggest banquet she had ever seen. She knew he was rich but never this rich. They had food stretched out along the table to feed a whole army of men let alone just two people. She had no idea why he had gone to all this effort, it was rather over the top. Not to mention the candles lit along the table to make it more... 'romantic'

She bit the inside of her cheek and looked down at her plate. She was so caught up in her anger and hate right now that she couldn't bring herself to eat a bite and so she just swirled her fork around the plate not wanting to have one bite of her dinner knowing that Sweeney was probably getting nothing.

"You look beautiful Eleanore" Edward said sweetly to her from the opposite end of the table whilst sipping at his red wine. She hated that she was made to clean herself up and change for tonight. Not that she's didn't want a bath and wash her hair, but she didn't want to make an effort for his sake. True, she did feel a lot fresher after a soak and scrub, hair washed and brushed, but having some lady do her makeup and dress her in a dress he had picked out made her angry. She had said no to makeup, had agreed to the bath just as the woman was so persistent and didn't let her go without one.

The dress and makeup came second and after being told countless of times that it was instructed for her to provide these services for her, Nellie finally gave up. She did look beautiful, her makeup was not to heavy but was flattering and very well done. She had never warn a red lip but even Nellie had to admit she did like the colour on her. Her dress was also a deep red, laced with black ribbon around the corset. She had always wished she could make such an effort looking like this for someone. She always dreamed of nice clothes and being taken care of but not to impress Edward. He was the one man she certainly wasn't out to impress. Once maybe, but not anymore.

As she looked over at him she stared him straight in the eye from the long distance she was sitting from him. "Where's Mr Todd?" She asked directly not blinking once nor hiding the anger in the eyes.

He didn't respond. Simply sighed and wiped his mouth on a napkin. "Where he belongs"

"Where!" She snapped banging her hand on the table loudly making the cutlery jolt loudly in the process.

Looking at her he could see the tears brimming in her eyes. It was so clear how much she loved the barber. He hated that....

"He's in a cell" He said darkly his eyes turning hard on her hating that she kept going on about the bloody serial killer!

A cell, Mrs Lovett felt herself gulp. She could picture Sweeney alone and hungry with no idea what was going on or where he was. She needed to see him. She had to be with him...

"Please take me to e'm" she whispered loud enough for him to hear.

"No"

"Why" she cried holding back the need to let her tears spill from her eyes.

"Because I don't want you near him!" He yelled making her flinch at his authoritative tone of voice. Standing up from the table Edward threw down his napkin in irritation and headed over to her. "He's a murderer Nellie! He has killed hundreds! Maybe THOUSANDS OF MEN!" He barked at her placing his hand on the top of her chair and leaning forward to look at her in the face. "He deserves to die!"

"No!" She yelled back "I'm a murderer too! I've killed in the past and 'ave 'elped him every step of the way! You hang him you have to hang me too!"

"I won't listen to this..." he sneered not believing her and moving away.

"It's TRUE! You just don't wanna hear it!!"

"No matter what happens I'll make it my job that he doesn't walk away with you! I'm the Judge now and by tomorrow morning I will sentence that bastard to hang!" Edward yelled again making her more furious and scared.