The Letter

"I always had my suspicions about Mr Todd but this certainly has painted a colourful Picture" Edward stated in surprise seated opposite Richard, sharing a drink with his friend at this dingy bar in the middle of London. It was midway now and Edward hadn't returned back to the pie shop since his fight with Eleanore.

He had stayed with Richard knowing where he lived and had spent the morning listening to all that Richard had discovered while he had been away. The information that he had collected was very shocking.

"You say these men that visit Mr Todd don't return back....if he is murdering them? where does he store the bodies?" Edwards question had Richard shrugging his shoulders in response.

"That I don't know, it's a mystery to me too. But Mr Todd is a Murderer, that much I know...I once saw him with blood on his shirt late one night..." Richard continued to explain taking another swig if his drink as Edward pondered over all this new information. Sweeney Todd a murder! This news was more then what he had anticipated. It was really only to check and see that Nellie was staying faithful to him.

"And Mrs Lovett? Did you get anything on Nellie?" He had prepared himself for the worst. It wouldn't be a huge shock to find out that she really was sleeping with the barber behind his back. He should of guessed that just by how protective and caring she had always been when it came to Sweeney Todd. He should have seen it coming! Toby had told him she was once madly in love with Sweeney. So finding out she had fallen for him all over again wouldn't be the biggest of surprises.

"I didn't get anything as such, apart from the fact the barber would always drag her to one side as if making her follow orders...from what I saw it looks like he is controlling her in some way...."

Sitting back in his chair Edward pouted his lips as he gave himself a time to really process this. Maybe he had got this wrong. Maybe Nellie was the innocent one here but just was a slave to his control...

"He's probably threatened her not to say anything, do you suspect she knows?" He asked Richard who again simply shrugged his shoulders and took another sip of his gin.

"I don't know, maybe....I do think that Mr Todd has some control over her, so if she does know I don't think it's by choice" Richards statement had Edward really thinking. This only made him hate the Barber more...he wanted him to suffer, wanted him dead.

————————-

Passing one of Mr Todd's customers on the stairs Nellie smiled at the old gentleman that tipped his hat her way as he passed her. She thanked God Sweeney hadn't killed this particular customer, he seemed so nice.

Reaching Mr Todd's door she waltzed in seeing him sharpening his razor by the chair. He looked her way and frowned seeing how she looked slightly nervous and unsettled.

"Edward hasn't come back, what if he's plannin' somethin' what if he's gonna hurt ya? Margo keeps asking me where her brother is and I don't know if I can keep lying to her....as for Toby well he too is gettin' on me last nerve askin' lots of questions..." she rambled without so much as stopping for a breath. 

"Eleanore!" Sweeney growled in annoyance at her irritating panicking and way of not shutting up. "Will you just take a second and calm yourself?"

Huffing to herself at that remark she walked round and sat in the barber chair. "I'm sorry love, I'm just worried about him it wasn't like him to storm off last night, he was hurt..."

"He was out of order" Sweeney cut in his jaw clenching harshly as he continued to sharpen his razor. Just thought of Edward getting handsy with her made his bloodlust all that bit more desirable.