Possession

After having a very long soak in the bath tub Mrs Lovett was ready to come out now. She had washed her hair and her body and was feeling very fresh from the lavender oil she had used to scent the water. Not only that, but her fingers had crinkled in result of her being in there so long and for that alone she knew it was probably best to get out now.

Having that warm bath was just Nellie's way to escape in her mind for a little while. On her own, away from the busy day her and Toby had had. The shop was now closed and night was drawing in. Edward still hadn't come back and she wondered if he was really alright, he had told her that he was staying over at his mothers last night but didn't think he'd be there all day with her too...

Of course she didn't mind either way. He needed to be with his mother and the longer he stayed away the longer she had a chance to work out her own problems here. One being Sweeney Todd...

She hadn't seen him all day. Hadn't so much as bummed into him like she normally did when they both were working their shops. As much as she was angry at him she still kept her eye out today, hoping she might steal a glance. Last night she had been very drunk, too drunk and she knew that. However if that was what had annoyed Sweeney so much then she didn't care. Having those drinks with those bright young sailors had really cheered up her mood. She had had fun despite the fact it was improper and maybe even bad of her to have done.

Toby had been a little cold with her today too. As soon as he saw how hungover she was this morning all he could do was sulk in irritation. She knew her behaviour had upset him but then what was she meant to do. In order to take her mind of her daily struggles she let her hair down for one evening and everyone seemed to avoid her the following day. She herself felt angry that nothing in her life was ever simple! Her smile had been taken away and then when she found it again she seemed to cause anger all around her. It just wasn't fair....

Breathing slowly through her parted lips to ease the tension she was feeling Mrs Lovett carefully pushed herself up and out of the bath water. She grabbed the biggest towel she could find and began wrapping it around her. As she stepped out of the bath she jumped in surprise as the bathroom door flew open with a bang, making her shriek in shock and wrap the brownish coloured towel around her naked form as fast as she was able.

"Jesus!" she gasped seeing Sweeney there now standing just in front of her. "Can't ya knock!" she growled at him truly angered that he just barged in on her like that.

His eyes looked slightly guilty. He didn't mean to make her jump, nor did he realise she had been bathing. He thought she maybe brushing her teeth or something. Not standing naked with just a towel wrapped around her to hide her modesty. "Didn't realise you were bathing..." he mumbled awkwardly looking at her nonetheless. Her wet red curls clung to her damp shoulders and face making her look all that more pale now her hair colour seemed more defined. Clearing his throat after just staring at her for a moment Sweeney turned around, shutting the door closed which made Nellie frown at his weird actions.

"What is it?"

Turning back to her he sighed heavily before taking a pew on the edge of the bath and running his hand over his very tired looking face. "We need to talk" he practically sighed.

He seemed so tired, so shattered. Which annoyingly made her wonder why he looked so exhausted. Suddenly she found herself worrying about him, bloody typical...

"All day I've been worrying about you" he began looking back up at her as if stealing her thoughts.

"What happened Nell, what's going on.." he whispered sadly his dark beastly eyes showing her just how much their situation was ruining him too. Sweeney, for the first time in these last few days saw her walls come down and her eyes glisten sadly with fresh tears as she stood there holding the towel under her arm. She knew exactly what he was talking about and for that she could feel herself wanting to cry. Everything about them was so muddled and confusing that it actually hurt. They were both dealing with some big obstacles in their relationship that prevented them from ever being happy together. Everything seemed such a hot mess...