Old Ghosts indeed

Toby woke up suddenly noticing Mr Todd was no where in site. He jumped to his feet looking around the park where him and Mr Todd had slept or not slept in Mr Todd's case. They had walked for miles and had stopped to rest by an open pond. A pond that looked clean enough to swim in which the barber had done to clean himself after not washing in days.

Toby had kept his eyes on him making sure he didn't let him out of his site. But now it seemed the barber had gone, left him in the middle of nowhere not like he cared.

Brushing himself off Toby began running through the park. "Mr Todd!" He called over and over running for so long until he felt as if his legs might drop off at any moment.

He ran and ran until he finally spotted a familiar figure up ahead. "Mr Todd!!" He yelled through the darkness of the night running even faster now he had spotted him.

The barber didn't stop however, simply carried on ignoring the boys calls.

"Mr Todd wait!" Toby cried out so close to reaching him now.

As soon as he caught up he walked beside Sweeney who continued walking without so much as glancing at the boy. Toby regained his breath slowly looking at the barber before shaking his head.

"Why did ya leave? Thought ya was gonna rest?"

Sweeney ignore him. He didn't want Toby around. The boy was a headache...

"Ya must be awfully tired..." he continued to ramble angering the barber further. The boys was so much like Mrs Lovett when they talked, never shutting up when it was clear he didn't want to speak. At least Mrs Lovett learnt his moods and when to shut up when he didn't feel like talking....

"Listen" Sweeney spat stopping in his tack his eyes angry and his tone harsh. "If you want to rest you rest! I'm gonna get Mrs Lovett..ok!" He growled and began walking again leaving a very surprised Toby. He didn't expect to be shouted at.

He watched as Sweeney continued walking. He knew that the barber didn't want him around but he wasn't going anywhere. After all it's his Mum they are looking for.

"Wait up"

——————

"Eleanore you look so beautiful" Edward smiled seeing her sitting in the library, book in hand wearing the most gorgeous dress she had ever worn. Of course non of that mattered to her, she was made to wear it by her dresser and all her old clothes had been burnt.

A long time ago she would have looked at herself in the mirror and wished she had expensive pretty dresses like this one. If she had told her old self that one day she would be prancing around a huge home with all the money in the world she would have laughed. And now she had it all, at least that's what most people would think.

Yet, she couldn't have been more unhappy then she was now. She hated this life, hated the fact she couldn't cook or dress herself anymore. She missed working, missed the simple things and overall missed Sweeney with all her heart. She had made a promise to herself not to look back anymore when it came to the barber. She had made her bed and now had to lie in it. She would have to marry Edward soon and then that would be it for her.

She would never love Edward. Ever! But then she couldn't go on loving Sweeney either. If she did it would only kill her she was sure of that.

No, she was doing this for him. If she was to run away or pine for the barber she was sure Edward would kill him. He had wanted to right from the very beginning.

"What are you reading?" He asked after he got no response. He closed the door behind him that locked with a small click. This alone had Nellies eyes flickering up at him nervously.