Revenge

Mrs Lovett couldn't bring herself to look at her reflection in the mirror anymore. Today was the big day, one she was sure to remember for the rest of her life. To give her everything to someone she didn't even love...didn't even like.

Standing in the most gorgeous white wedding dress she had ever laid eyes on she closed her eyes sadly. This wasn't the feeling she was meant to have before getting married. She had dreamed of this moment for so long and yet she was marrying the wrong man.

Her hair was pinned up in two bunches on the side of her head which she liked and her makeup was done so beautifully that she never realised how attractive she could look. Never had her makeup been done for her and yet she really didn't give herself that much credit, with a lick of rouge to the lips and a soft smoky eye she really did look beautiful.

But under all that colour and beauty was one very miserable lady. She was frightened.

Today she would be getting married. Edward Clark, Judge of London would own her as his wife. She would be mistress of this house and court and have all the power and wealth she could ever dream of. And even telling herself that still didn't change her mind or her heart. She was unhappy, and will always be.

A knock at her door sounded and Mrs Lovett sighed before saying "come in"

She didn't bother to look at who it was. She didn't care.

"My don't you make the most beautiful bride" her eyes widened and her heart fluttered madly at this persons familiar voice. Whizzing round she gasped and covered her hand over her chest in complete shock.

"Sweeney" she whispered seeing him smiling at her from the door way dressed in an officers uniform. Rushing over to each other they didn't waste a second in locking lips for the first time in days now. She held him tight scrunching his jacket under her hands while he ran his large hands up the back of her waist. Their lips were desperately fighting each other's in a not so soft kiss...

"Sweeney" she gasped breaking from him completely and shutting the door to the room so no one could see in.

"H-ow did ya get here? What's goin' on?" She asked him.

Placing his hands on her shoulders he looked her dead in the eye as if to listen to him. "We don't have long pet, you need to get out of this dress and for you to come with me..."

"But sweeney" she cut in seriously worried that if he is seen here that Edward will kill him.

"Nellie, Toby has a carriage waiting outside, I'm going to leave and I want you to follow me but we can't be seen together...if anyone asks where you are going you say you need some air....after that myself and Toby will get to you and take you away. I won't be noticed as I'll blend in as one of the officers..." he explained quickly knowing they didn't have much time as they couldn't hold the carriage for too long.

Another knock on the door sounded making Nellie jump and inhale sharply.

"Eleanore it's me, can I come in?"

'Edward' she mouthed to Sweeney in panic eyes wide and breathing suddenly fast. Looking around quickly Sweeney jumped into a large wardrobe while Nellie closed the doors on him. "One second" she called unfastening the back of her dress and slipping out of it, now just in her white bloomers and tight corset. Grabbing her robe she wrapped it round her before opening the door.

"Everything alright?" She asked as he waltz in quickly.

"Fine I just wanted to see you before the ceremony" he told her taking her hands in his. "I want this to be the perfect day" he began running this thumbs over her soft knuckles.

Moving closer he cleared his throat "I want us to take the next step tonight Eleanore....for us to be one as husband and wife" he said reaching up to touch her cheek. She flinched a little in response and held her tongue not to say anything stupid like 'you wish'

"Kiss me" he suddenly ordered her.

Her eyes met his in surprise. "Wha..."

Cutting her off by pulling on the back of her neck and kissing her Edward didn't hold back. She squealed under his lips not being able to break away and disgusted that he was forcing her now.

The cupboard doors opened with a bang and the pair of them broke away to see Sweeney standing their twisting his razor in his hand warningly.

"You!" Edward growled.

"It's really sad that you have to force a lady to kiss you Edward, I pity you" Sweeney sneered edging closer to him which made Nellie involuntary smirk in his direction. She always felt protected whenever he was around and this is why. Not to mention the fire in his eyes made her heart flutter all that bit more.

"You shouldn't have come back here" he warned but just before Edward could pull out his gun Sweeney jumped forward and slashed his throat open with his razor the blood spraying violently out of his neck as he wheezed painfully.

Mrs Lovett had stepped back covering her mouth with her hand and closing her eyes. He was getting more angry when Edward didn't die straight away and so began stabbing him in the neck over and over just like he did with Turpin.

His teeth were gritting in anger not to mention the spark in his eyes of sweet revenge as he saw the light slowly leave Edwards eyes. He pushed the body to the floor once he was dead the thud of Edwards body made her re-open her eyes to see Sweeney soaking in Edwards blood.

Rushing over to clear his face with a cloth Mrs Lovett tried not to look at the body. She never wanted any of this. She once loved Edward and the fact that he walked into his own death trap made her angry and upset. He was such a good man when they first met. But his monstrous actions had lead to this. She didn't mind all that much but still she couldn't bring herself to look at the dead body either....

"Are you alright?" He asked seeing the upset in her eyes.

Continuing to wipe his face she nodded quickly "just get me outta ere love"

———————

"Is she coming Mr Todd?" Toby asked in a hurry not seeing his Mum behind him.

Jumping into the carriage with the boy Sweeney placed the bloody jacket back on. He had taken it off because of the blood but it was rather chilly. Toby's eyes widened in horror!

"What happened" he yelled in fear making Sweeney finally look up at the worried boy.

"I killed Edward alright! Now lower your voice....look" he said pointing out of the small carriage window seeing Mrs Lovett chatting to the guard obviously trying to convince him she wanted to have a walk.

"He's not letting her through" Toby piped up again seeing the guard unmoving and not letting her pass.

Sweeney watched intently. He saw her running a hand up the mans chest whilst biting her lip seductively. He smiled inwardly seeing her clever mind at work. Toby frowned seeing his Mum toying with the guard but gasped as he pushed her away.

Sweeney clinched his jaw angrily at this before muttering under his breath "use it"

Toby frowned subtly in Mr Todd's direction before gasping when his eyes fell back on his Mum plunging some kind of knife into the mans chest. Sweeney had given her his last razor and told her to use it if necessary...

He smirked and nodded his head slowly his eyes looking almost proud "I love her" he whispered again to himself, making Toby look at his almost disgusted. He couldn't believe what he had just witnessed! His mum just murdered someone!!

However Toby could help but get excited as she ran over to the carriage blood running down her right arm from where she had killed that guard.

"Mum!" Toby exclaimed happily pulling her into the carriage with Sweeney's help. Mrs Lovett shut the door quickly behind her and pulled Toby into her arms tightly almost suffocating the poor boy. Sweeney watched Nellie as she held Toby and smiled before hitting the roof of the carriage to let the driver know to move. Which he did and suddenly they were off....