Edwards Plan

Being thrown down onto the dirty streets of London Sweeney hissed when his head hit the cobbled stones. He was then dragged along by one of the guards and pushed inside an awaiting carriage. His hands were tied in front of him with a rope, it was itchy and was beginning to shred his skin.

He growled to himself seeing Edward walking toward the carriage. He got one of his guards to join Sweeney inside so he couldn't try and escape and he himself just stood in the door way looking at the barber almost triumphantly.

"We're sending you away, you try and come back here I'll shoot a bullet through your head no questions asked" he warned him.

Like Sweeney cared what Edward had to say. Of course he would fight! He would fight to have Nellie back for the rest of his life if he had to.

"She'll never love you" Sweeney said so full of hatred and loathing that Edward smiled in return.

"She will, after I give her the baby she's always wanted and the lifestyle you never could"

Visibly gritting his teeth Sweeney growled in anger lunging toward only to have the guard hit him hard across the rips with a Barton making the poor man gasp out in pain.

"Like I said you try coming back here there will be consequences" Edward sighed shaking his head at the barber. "Take him away"

As soon as Toby spotted Edward walking back into the courthouse he ran as fast as he could to catch up with the carriage. He ran as fast as his feet would allow him all the way down the street until finally extending his strained hand out, his fingers so close to latching on.

He screwed up his face as his legs felt tired already and pushed himself as far as he could to finally grab onto the carriage and pull himself up. When his feet left the ground he smiled to himself now he was off the floor and sitting on the back of the carriage.

His plan was to help Mr Todd. His decision had been a difficult one. Either leave his Mum or go out and help the barber. In a normal situation he wouldn't have hesitated with his decision, however he realised they both needed his help. Mr Todd needed to save him Mum so Mr Todd was who he would help.

———————-

Mrs Lovett stood by a long window staring out at practically nothing. She felt so cold, so numb as if telling Edward she would marry him had drained all little love and positivity from her. Drained her of all good and left her with nothing but hate and deep deep sadness. She couldn't watch Sweeney leave. As glad as she was he would leave unharmed she couldn't face him.

Running her arms around herself Nellie rested her head against the window and closed her eyes as she felt her eyes brim with tears again. She just wanted to collapse into an invisible ball. To be left alone and not having to deal with her now very harsh reality.

She had no idea where Toby had been however she didn't care. She was thankful she was able to be alone right now....

———————

It was dark. Night had fallen over London and Sweeney had woken up slowly with no idea where he had been dumped. Literally dumped...

As he came too he carefully looked around noticing he was in what looked to be a pigs pen. The smell alone and the snorting of these big fat pink blobs told him he was in a sleeping with the pigs. His vision was slightly hazy and as he blinked a few times he was able to regain back consciousness. His hands were still tied and one side of his face was covered in pigs poo.

"Mr Todd?"

His eyes widened hearing Toby's very quite and timid voice appear from behind a hay stack. Toby slowly crept around from behind the haystack where he had been resting and finally faced the barber.

Sweeney expression immediately turned mad. The very sight of Toby had him raging. "What are you doing here!" He hissed darkly at the young boy.

"I came to elp' ya, mums going to marry Edward sir" he explained as if Sweeney didn't already know.

"And who's fault is that, she's only marrying him to keep me alive!" He barked not bothering to push himself up but instead sit there while the pigs sniffed around him.

"I know tis all me fault, I didn't mean to hurt her....swear to ya I was only doing what I think was best" his bottom lip trembled and Sweeney turned his nose up at him.

"Don't ya dare cry on me! Suck it up and be a man for gods sake!" He barked again at Toby who gulped and dropped his head in shame trying his very best not to cry in front of the barber.

"Untie me" he ordered Toby.

Looking up Toby saw the barber holding his tied hands up to him. For some reason he hesitated and for that Sweeney narrowed his eyes on him. "I not gonna hurt you, if I did Mrs Lovett would never talk to me again, now untie me" he explained to which Tony gulped again and began to untie Mr Todd from the rope.

As soon as he was freed Sweeney pushed himself to his feet towering over Toby like a giant.

"Let's go"

"Mr Todd wait, it's late and we're so far away from the courthouse, we need to find somewhere to rest and for you to get cleaned up"

Sweeney narrowed his eyes. "I'm not resting! Mrs Lovett needs me" with that he began walking again ignoring Toby as he called for him whilst running after the barber.

"But we need to come up with a plan, ya ave' pigs shit on ya face too Mr Todd" Sweeney stopped in his tracks and placed his hand up to his face now noticing the poo that was spread across his cheek.

"Let's sleep on it Mr Todd tomorrow we can set off but for now can we find ya somewhere to rest"

Toby was already getting on his nerves, his voice alone was whinny and annoying. "Fine" he growled turning to look at Toby.

"But tomorrow we head straight to Mrs Lovett you hear!"

A/N: managed to write this one up this morning! Please tell me your thoughts x