Chapter 15

It had been a week and a half at the palace and we sat in the Women's Room. Will had had a date with nearly all the girls and each of us had heard enough of the others. I sat on the couch beside of Paige. We were all sitting and occupying ourselves somehow when there was a knock at the door.

The prince, king, or any other make had to have permission from the queen or princess before entering the Women's Room.

"You May come in." Paige says in a loud demanding voice through the recent silence. Will comes through the door with his hands folded over the other.

"May I speak to Carly, Trista, Ashton, Cherry, Faith, Hannah, Mary, Jamie, Adriana, Erin, Abigail, Molly, Rhealyn, Campbell, and Kaleigh?" He asks withal confident voice. I raise my eyebrow and look at Paige. She looks back just as confused as I.

Will leads the girls out of the room and minutes later I could hear a few low cries. Will
comes back and in seconds later and puts his hands behind his back.

"If you all have not noticed yet, fifteen girls have just went home and now we are already down to twenty. From this point on I'm not going to be sending so many girls home at once, but I'm taking this very seriously. This isn't a game to me. If I do not feel that you are prepared for the position of queen of my wife then I'm not just keeping you around for nothing. Thank you." He steps out of the room without another word.

"Wait I have to ask him something." I mutter to Paige before standing up and pulling open the doors and catching Will's attention.

"Why wasn't I sent home?" I ask, confused. If I'd observed correctly, he'd spent more time with the girls he'd sent home than me.

"Why would you be?" He asks, confusion clear in his eyes.

"You haven't talked to me and ignored me for over a week. I thought you'd just realized..." my voice trails off as I realized I had no idea what I was planning on saying.

"What? I didn't send you home because I want you to be here. And I haven't paid any attention to you all week because I already knew I wanted you to stay and I wasn't so sure about the other girls." Will says nonchalantly like I hadn't been worried about it for days.

"What?" I say simply surprised.

"Don't psych yourself out. Don't worry about me being honest with you." He smiles and says, "I'd like to take you on a date tomorrow if you wouldn't care?"

"Sure." I say simply but on the inside I was pretty sure butterflies were dying.

"Great." He smiles and kisses my cheek before leaving me speechless.

Somehow, no matter how much I told myself I hated him, I always melted every time he spoke to me. It was like he was a different person when I hated him and when I was talking to him which was really getting me confused.

•••

The next day my maids had told me that he had said that a dress wouldn't do for this date. I was curious at first when Amelia helped me into a pair of blue jeans and an off the shoulder red shirt. I had realized what the date was based off of when she brought out a pair of brand new cowboy boots.