Chapter 57

The next morning I was rushed awake by my maids. I blink open my eyes and I'm pulled out of my bed.

"As you know, you and Will aren't supposed to see each other until the ceremony. So while he is in his room you get to go out and meet your family. They are very close to being here so you better get downstairs." Amelia says as soon as I lift my head.

"Okay." I mutter and slide off my bed. My maids put me in a short day dress that I'd worn before and I leave into the hallways.

I stand at the entrance to the palace as a long black car pulls into it. The door opens and Kathy steps out with Colton's hand in hers. James steps out behind them with Kiera right behind him. Davy climbs out of the car after.

I smile as I hug Colton tightly and then turn to Kathy.

"James told us not to worry, but I couldn't help myself since he wouldn't tell us where you'd gone." Kathy laughs.

"So what are we here for?" James asks as he comes up behind of Kathy. I figured this would have already been explained to them, but I soon realized that was up to me.

"Umm..." I say uncomfortable. "The wedding." I know it probably shouldn't have been such a dull surprise but I wasn't actually prepared to be the one to tell him.

"I figured." James says casually, but his eyes show happy emotions. I turn to Kathy and Kiera afterward and then start my explanation.

"He proposed to me before the government shutdown. Will didn't want me to get hurt so he canceled the Selection, So now the government is opening again and we are getting married." I say and I can't help but smile as I speak.

"Wait, then what am I doing here?" Kiera says, still looking at the palace in awe.

"I've gotta have three brides maids, right?" I say with a hint of a smile. Kiera's eyes widen and she grins widely.

"I imagined a lot of what my life could turn into, but never this." Kiera laughs but I can see the excitement gleaming in her eyes.

"When is it?" Kathy asks as she holds my hands.

"Tonight." I say with a nervous smile.

"That's wonderful, sweetheart." Kathy says with a smile and wraps her arms around my neck. I smile as she pulls away and I turn toward the palace.

"You guys can come on in. Breakfast is being served in the rooms. And oh— James. Will asked you to meet him in his room." I say as I head into the palace with all of them trailing behind me. I hear some sort of response from James.

"Thank you, Autumn. This means more than you can imagine." Kiera skips up to me and says.

"Of course." I smile. "You've always been the help I needed even when you never had to. You deserve something for that and it seemed like you were the only friend I had."

Kiera smiles happily and thanks me again. She stopped talking after that since she was staring in awe  at everything the palace held.

"Lady Autumn." Amelia catches my attention as she comes toward me and my family. "Your two bridesmaids and you need to head toward the Women's Room. It's been renovated for getting you and all the women involved in the wedding ready. Your brother, uncle, and cousin are getting ready in a lounge with all of the men."

"Thank you." I smile to Amelia and Liliana.

"We Can lead the boys to the lounge if you like." Liliana suggests with a slight grin, knowing they couldn't find their way around the palace.

"Thank you." I say with a slight laugh. I lead Kathy and Kiera to the Women's lounge where I find Paige and the queen already waiting. I also see other faces I'm less familiar with. First, I notice Caroline, Will's older sister with her four year old daughter Ava. Second, I'm guessing it was Olivia, Logan's wife holding Maisie.

Paige makes her way over to me with a bright smile on her face.

"Is this your third bridesmaid? Kiera?" I nod in response to Paige's question. "Hi! Nice to meet you!" Paige immediately wraps her arms around Kiera's neck in a way that seemed to welcome her. Kiera seemed taken aback by the gesture since it was the princess and she hadn't even planned to be here today.

"Nice to meet you too." Kiera says nervously. I turn around and let them talk and seek Kathy's attention. She's smiling behind me, but I didn't know why.

"I'm sorry I couldn't tell you about the engagement before." I say to her. She's always been there for me but I never gave her anything in return.

"I understand. One hundred percent. That wasn't just an engagement, but a lot more serious things and I don't blame you one bit." Kathy says definitely with a smile. She enlightens my mood by saying that and I felt lighter all day.

"Thank you." I say with a bright smile. Paige comes over to me and gently pulls on my wrist.

"I think there are a few people you need to meet." She tells me with a slight chuckle. She pulls me to one of the couches pushes toward the outside of the room to make room for all the seats and supplies needed to get all of us ready. On the couch Caroline sits with her younger daughter. "Hi Caroline. This is Autumn. Thought you guys should be acquainted."

"Nice to meet you." Caroline smiles and nods her head toward me. I almost made the mistake of reaching my hand out to shake her hand, then realized that wasn't a formality here.

"Nice to meet you too." I say happily. Even though she may be Will's sister and once has been the princess of Illéa, now she was a queen somewhere else. Isn't that weird? Now I have three queens at my wedding and three kings.

"Breakfast will be down shortly." One of the maids says. "Then you will all start getting ready for Lady Autumn's big day."

Please start to cheer and it's odd because in a room so full of important people, I become the center of attention.