Chapter 32

The plane was similar to the ones I'd rode before while being here. Will had left to talk to the pilot while all the girls settle in the seats. I sit rather far away in the back of the plane. I figured I'd get to sit back there and sleep.

"Hey." I hear Will say as he sits next to me. I smile but soon realize that every girl was dying to be in my situation. Josie sat across from my as other girls sat as close as they could to Will.

"Seems you brought a crowd." I mutter so only he can here it with an amused smile.

"Sorry I really didn't expect that." He says quietly in a short apology.

"How come?" I say sarcastically and laugh. I pull my book out of my bag and begin to read as the girls around me discuss things, looking at Will every time they say something funny to see if he was laughing. 

"So Autumn what is your family like?" One girl I recognized as Kendal said. I look up from my book completely lost on the entire subject. I assumed the girls were trying to impress Will by acting like I wanted them to talk to me so they did. I honestly didn't understand them.

"Umm.." I begin as I take my glasses off since I'd been reading and shrug. "Well you met my cousin James. And you got to talk to my little brother Colton, too." I tell her honestly. Her cheeks flush a bit.

"So that's who that was! Your cousin. I was wondering why you'd spent so much time with him." She seemed to be talking to herself the whole time and she was giving me the vibe that she lacked intelligence.

"What about your parents?" Josie asks sweetly. The truth was I think she honestly didn't realize what she'd said wrong so I tried and played it off cool. I can feel Will stiffen a bit beside of Me but I ignore him.

"I never really knew my dad." It was partially a lie, but it wasn't. The Dad I thought I knew would never leave me. "And my mom's sick." I state simply.

"How sad." One girl says and I shrug. I try and act as uninterested in the conversation as possible.

"So what's very important to you in the girls?" One asks and I return to my book but continue listening.

"Well, when my mother was in the Selection her and my fathers little sister had a very close knit bond. Some of the others even got sent home for pointing out her obvious favoritism of her. So I'd say someone who gets along with my family nicely." He ends simply.

The girls seemed to be thrown into a pool of love as I could've seen their hearts burst from their chests.

"The princess is very nice." Josie notes.

"Autumn and her seem to get along rather nicely. I see them in the Women's Room talking a lot." Kendal adds. What we She even playing at? Did she not realize that it sounded like she was setting me up positively for the prince?

"Yes." I reply and slip my glasses back on. At that I think she got the sense that I wasn't to into conversing.

After a few hours some of the girls starting talking amongst themselves and I finally feel free to talk to Will without all of the girls noticing me.

"Where are we going this time? Because last time the ride wasn't this long." I say quietly to him.

"It's a different place. Similar though and I think you'll like it."  Will tells me with a smile.

"Another private island?" I grin and say mockingly.

"Actually yes." Will says defeated. I laugh and close my book after sticking the piece of silk into the boom. "It's my family island. It's got a big house there for all the girls to stay in."

"Oh doesn't that sound satisfying." I say sarcastically as I cast the girls a look that they miss.

"Oh it'll be fun." Will tries to convince me but I just shrug.

"I'm just excited to get to go somewhere else." I say, not able to prevent my grin. Will laughs and after a moment looks at me more seriously.

"Why didn't you tell me it was your birthday?" He asks, confused. I'd hoped he would ask this.

"I don't know. I thought it was a little unimportant compared to other things and didn't want you worrying too much about anything." I offer him a smile and shrug.

"Don't worry about that stuff. Truthfully, I don't care. I want to know those little things about you." He says even quieter than earlier.

"Then when is your birthday?" I counted attack him with a mischievous smile.

"July 9th." Will says matter of factly.

"Isn't that just coincidental." I say laughing and continuing on with the conversation. "So what does the palace do for Thanksgiving?" I ask. Today was November 10th which means Thanksgiving is barely over a week away.

"We have a Thanksgiving feast and then a ball." Will says shrugging. The idea of a ball for me seemed great though for him, it was no big deal.

"Not too excited are we?" I laugh and point out.

"It's kind of repetitive nowadays. The same things happen every year and it kind of gets boring."

"Well this year you have the Selected, so it'll be very different this year." I say with a light laugh.

"I guess you are right on that one. I hate to keep some of them here for Thanksgiving and Christmas though." He mutters shamefully.

"Don't worry about it. Remember this is supposed to be worry free." I say and offer him a smile.

"I guess so." Will shrugs and smiles a bit.

"I'm going to take a nap now and you're going to be my pillow." I say smiling innocently and laughing. "Wake me up when we get there." And with that I put my head against his shoulder and close my eyes.

A/N

Sorry this was a bit boring and short but I'll make the next few chapters good I promise :)