Chapter 46

The next morning I wake up and lay in my bed for nearly an hour before finally getting up and bathing. I'd almost thought that last night's events were a dream when I first remembered it.

I still couldn't believe that tomorrow we could finally be a normal couple, well almost. One thing I couldn't rap my head around was the fact that I was going to be princess.

I never would've thought when I was a child that I would grow up and rule the country. I just wished my mother would be here to be with me. I sigh as I begin out of the room completely dressed, but a bit early for breakfast.

"Hey." I hear a voice say behind me and smile as I turn to meet Will's bright blue eyes.

"Hi." I say as I wait for him to catch up to me.

"I wanna show you something before breakfast if you don't mind." He says to me.

"Sure, What is it?" I ask as he turns a different corner and starts to ascend the staircase.

"You'll see." He says as I follow him down the hallway right behind him as he turns to push open a door by far from his own. I meet him at the door as he turns on the lights to the most beautiful bedroom I've ever seen.

"What is this?" I ask him as I stair in awe at the gold designed room.

"It's the Princess's suite. In a few days you will be completely moved into it." He turns to me and holds the door open for me. I step cautiously into the beautiful room and barely get over the large windows that spread across the wall and the window seat that I had already fallen in love with.

"Wow." I breathe as if I was in a fairytale. "It's beautiful."

"Before the selection I'd sit by the window seat and wonder who I'd be showing this room to." Will says still standing by the door.

"I'd never even thought about being at this point before. It may have always been a sort of fairytale just to be here but I never dreamed past that." I mutter as my fingers brush across the mahogany wood.

I turn back to Will and he just stood there smiling at me. I laughed for no reason and turned back around to him.

"Have you told your parents yet?" I ask him as we close the door behind us and start our walk down the stairs to breakfast.

"No. I've talked to them both about you though, so they won't be surprised exactly." Will shrugs.

"Are they okay with me?" I question. "I'm not exactly what anyone would picture as queen material and quite frankly not even wife material."

"Don't worry. They both see everything I see in you and will be pleased when I announce our engagement at breakfast." He says smiling, but somehow I found it hard to believe. I'd never even spoken to his father before and didn't know how he knew anything about me.

"Okay." I mutter simply and we get to the doors of the Great Hall. "So you're going to do it now?"

"Yeah. At the end of the meal; I don't want it to be uncomfortable during the rest of the meal." He shrugs.

"Okay." I say smiling barely and entering the room while dropping his hand. Will makes his way to the Royal Family's table and kisses his mother on the cheek since he did that every morning.

She touches his hand and keeps him from leaving and whispers something in his ear. I notice the tears starting to form in her eyes and become confused. Will looks up and meets my eyes only for a minute, then looks away quickly. He nods softly at his mother and she mouths the first words I can make out.

I'm sorry. I wondered what she must've said that she could've been sorry for and waited until he came closer to the table to ask.

"Is everything alright?" I ask quietly as the other girls chat on, not noticing a thing. Will sits beside of me and doesn't look me straight in the eye.

"Yes." He says with emotion in his voice that he tried hard to hide. I couldn't quite place where this emotion was coming from so I just waited for him to explain.

"Are you sure?" I ask. Will just nods his head, but I notice the soft shake of his hand as he tries to reach out to grab his spoon for the soup.

I look back at the Royal Table and make eye contact with Paige who mouths a few words.

I'm so sorry. She mouths and turns her head. I didn't understand what they were all apologizing for. I don't touch my food as I wait for the end of the meal.

Will begins to stand up from his seat but leans over me and kisses my cheek. I notice the girls around me begin to stare questioningly.

"I'm so sorry." He whispers to me, but I didn't understand. "Please forgive me."

"What are you talking about?" I ask quietly but he was walking away near the Royal Family's table.

"I have an announcement to make." Will says. This was supposed to me the moment he announced our enhancement, happily, but he sounded anything but happy. His voice was dreadful and he wrung his own hands together with nerves.

"The Selection has been canceled."