Chapter 45

We get out of the room later that day, but we didn't hear any gun shots and when we emerged there was nothing damaged. Will looked worried, but I didn't exactly understand why.

"Meet me at the garden in an hour." Will says quietly and leaves with a worried look in his eye. I wanted to ask him what was wrong but he was gone too soon. I guessed I'd have to ask him tonight, but that worried me too. This wasn't a date, and it was secret because it was going to be dark in an hour and I didn't understand.

I make my way up to my room and let my maids know I'd be going down to the gardens. They insisted on changing my dress before I went down so I ended up in a shining blush colored ball gown.

I walk down the stairs an hour later where I just got strange looks from the guards, though I'm sure Will let them know I'd be out

When I got to the door of the garden I could see the bright light illuminating the garden and Will sitting on a concrete bench. I push open the garden doors and slowly make my way up to him.

He stands up and smiles as I come up to him and he takes my hand in his.

"What did you need to talk about?" I ask him curiously and he just chuckles nervously knowing how my thoughts would never stop wondering.

"I've told you I love you and never once have I lied about what I said. I really didn't expect to find this kind of connection with someone, but it happened. At the beginning of this, every piece of me was telling me to send you home then because I couldn't help but feel a certain way around you and for some reason I couldn't accept that. It took me weeks to figure out that this is what I've wanted and will always want. I want someone like you who can shrug off negativity. I want someone like you who wants to experience every little thing. You are grateful for everything put on your plate and can face the world with your eyes closed. I want someone like you in my life forever and I love you." Will says and steps in front of me with a nervous expression on his face.

At first, I thought it was a breakup, then my hopes heightened and my jaw nearly fell open. Will holds onto one of my hands while I move my other straight to my mouth.

"Autumn," Will begins slowly as he positions himself on one knee in front of me and pulls out a small velvet box. "Will you do me the honor and marry me?"

My first reaction was to scream yes over and over again but the words wouldn't come out of my mouth. Instead I stood there with my hand pressed to my mouth and shaking my head happily.

"Of course. A million times over." I say as I grin through the warm tears. Will seemed relaxed for the first time today and stood up to slide the beautiful ring on my finger.

"You know, for a minute I was doubting myself." Will smiles cheekily at me and wraps his arms loosely around my waist, but I couldn't control myself enough to move anymore. "Are you okay, darling?"

"I'm okay. I just didn't really expect it." I say laughing a bit and leaning into him. Me. It was me. I'd always been told by him that this day would come but it always seemed like years away and pointless to dwell on. And here I was.

Will chuckles and grabs one of my hands and looks at the beautiful ring. There was one plain ring twisted with a second that had jeweled embedded in it and joined together by a diamond.

"Do you like it?" He asks me curiously

"Do you like it?" He asks me curiously. "I picked it out last week, but I was scared it wouldn't exactly be something you'd like."

"I love it." I smile happily and put my arms around his neck. "I love you."

Will leans into me and kisses me gently. His arms pull me closer to him and with every second everything becomes real.

"I love you too." He smiles. "And I'm excited for what the future holds for us. I promise you I'll never leave you or hurt you. I promise that no matter what gets in the way, I will be there for you."

"And I promise that I'll never doubt what we have. You will forever be my only true love and I'm never going to leave you." I smile up at him and I just wanted to stay like this forever.

"I figured it would be best to inform my family and the Selected tomorrow at a meal then you will have the chance to call your family and they will get to come visit." Will tells me.

"Sounds good to me. I won't talk to anyone else about it until then." I liked the fact that for this short amount of time, it was all a secret to be kept.

"Your maids will be worried if we are out for too long." Will says quietly and keeps one arm around my waist but begins to move back to the palace.

"I guess so." I say, but I'd rather stay out here all night.

"Don't worry. Now, we have years to be alone without the cameras and people." Will says as if reading my mind. "Though I'd rather stay here all night too."

I laugh a bit and walk up the velvet-like carpeted steps to my room. Will turns to me when we get to the top and kisses the top of my head.

"Sleep good and I'll see you tomorrow, alright?" He smiles sweetly and squeezes my hand before pulling back unwillingly.

"Alright." I reply simply and hover outside my room for a few minutes before finally going in to get some sleep.

A/N

Happy right? Don't get to excited guys there are still chapters to come!!