Chapter 58

There I stood, with my long lace dress on and my hair done in a magnificent curly bun. My fingernails were painted to perfection and my makeup looked natural but perfected everything about my skin. I had a shiny layer of eyeshadow on top of a strip of eyeliner with mascara. I felt beautiful, but myself all at the same time.

My bridesmaids wore the hues of the ocean, their dresses fading from one shade of blue to the next with all of their hair fixed in different manners

"You look beautiful." The Queen says and comes up to me with a smile. She was wearing a beautiful ball gown as usual and I didn't expect anything less of her.

"Thank you. Is it wrong that I'm nervous even though this is exactly what I want?" I ask her. It was weird confiding my trust into someone I'd seen more on television than in person.

"Most people aren't exactly comfortable with getting married so young. I certainly wasn't, but I never regretted it. Humans have doubts, Autumn, don't be ashamed of them. Just try and think of the better." The queens smile was kind and thoughtful and I nodded my head.

"Thank you." I say with a smile. The queen let's go of my hands and heads off to another door where she would enter the chapel and sit in the front row, I assume. I'd been in the room of the palace last night with Will when we were picking out the room. This one was an easy pick for me and had silver columns on the walls and ivy like metal decorating the ceiling. I remember the seats that had a sheet of white pulled over them and tied in a bow in the back. I remembered it like the back of my hand.

The hallway had been made into a make shift start for the ceremony. All of my bridesmaids were lined up ready to go out already and I stood in the back, waiting. Paige, Kiera, and Kathy talked in the front and Will's best men were talking beside of them. I didn't recognize one of them, which he said was a cousin of his. He seemed older than both of us but he was still young. The other was Theo, his butler, which I'd just finished talking to and the last was his brother; Logan.

I squeeze the hand attached to mine to keep it from shaking from nerves.

"Calm down, Autumn. You're going to give me a migraine." James laughs beside of me. When we were younger and my father had just left, after I worried about the little things, I thought about the less important things. I'd asked him who would walk me down the aisle now. He only responded that he would do and that is what he's here to do now.

"It isn't just me getting married though. The public is seeing all of the royal family for the first time at my wedding. What if they have an uprising or something because nobody likes me?" It seemed stupid but it was one of the things that wouldn't leave my mind.

"You'll Be Fine." James rolls his eyes. Everything becomes unusually quiet and I hear the slight drum of music. Piano and violin. The doors open ahead of me but I don't see above the heads in front of me. Slowly, the bridesmaids walk into the room with their flowers colored in silver and blue. "Good luck."

"Thanks." I say and hook my arm with James's as it becomes my turn to start down the white carpeted aisle. I try and keep my head down for the first bit of the walk there, but eventually I can't resist.

I look up and my eyes meet bright blue ones, matching the decorations colors that we based off of the ocean. I didn't even have to look at his mouth to realize he was smiling. I wanted to look to see who was in the crowd and where the cameras were watching me from, but I couldn't take my eyes off of Will.

When I get to the front of the room I smile as James hands My hands to Will who nods respectfully to James. I feel the brush of a kiss on the side of my head from James before he walks to where he sits beside of Colton and Davy.

"You Look beautiful." Will whispers as we stand at the front of the room with all the eyes on us.

I mutter some sort of thanks, but I tried to keep my voice low so nobody else could hear me, but I don't think Will cared. I take me changed now to look out at the crowd of people. Some, I barely recognized even though I tried to match names on the guest list to faces.  I see James beside of Colton, both in tuxes that don't look like their usual outfits, but they smile anyway.

The queen and king sat in the front row, just a few seats down from James, Colton, and Davy. The king looked thoughtful but I didn't know him well enough to put a face to the emotion. The queen just smiled the same smile she had when she talked to me earlier. Will's siblings, other than Logan and Paige, sat in the row behind them with their families.

I didn't listen through half of the ceremony and barely understood a word the priest said but I held onto the comfort of Will's hands in mine. We had written our own vows which I spent the last week practicing and rehearsing in front of Paige, but I was still afraid of messing up. Will was the first to start his.

"First of all, this experience was difficult. Of course there have been ups and downs, but I haven't regretted any of it. You find joy in the little things in life and never take anything for granted. I want someone like you in my life forever. I promise I will always be here for you no matter what and I never want you to be hurt. Today I'm here to promise myself to you and promise I will always be there to protect you in anyway I can." Will finishes softly and squeezes my hands.

There was no way I could hold back my smile at this point. I begin my own vows, but there was no way mine would compare to his in my opinion.

"From the beginning of this experience I expected nothing. I'd never even imagined myself being married until I met you then somehow it went from being an idea to a reality in a few short months. The rest of life may be hard, but I wouldn't want to go through it with anyone else." I finish.

The priest then clears his throat quietly and begins his part.

"Do you, Prince William Bridget take you Autumn Meadows to be your lawfully wedded wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" The priest says as if he's done it time and time before.

"I do." Will mutters and I smile even wider, which I didn't think was possible.

"Do you, Autumn Meadows take you Prince William Bridget to be your lawfully wedded husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish; from this day forward until death do you part?" Now this was my turn.

"I do." I barely manage to keep a steady tone from my grinning. The priest says a few more things but I'm caught up in Will's gaze.

"Now you may kiss the bride!" Everyone cheers and in the chaos Will connects his lips to mine and there we stand, married and safe.

A/N

Hi guys!! Happy ending after all?😁 Well it's not completely over. I will probably still publish one more chapter and an epilogue.