Chapter 59

We decided not to go on a honeymoon since we'd been away so long. Instead, that night we sit in my room watching the news.

By tonight they had almost ten of the other Selected's responses to the wedding. We were sitting against the backboard of his bed and he had his arm around my shoulders loosely. My hair was still loose with curls and stiff with hairspray but my face was clean of makeup and I was in comfy pajamas.

The first person they showed was Kendal, who looked just as neat as she always did at the Selection minus the ball gown. She wore expensive clothes that were probably more than my old trailer.

"I was surprised when I went home. I really did think we had something and I never would've picked Autumn as my first guess. Maybe she was the only one who could go back." Kendal shrugs beside the news reporter and I roll my eyes.

"I'm sorry." Will says, genuinely surprised by what she said.

"She never seemed to have a filter anyway. I never actually liked her." I shrug. I'd always known what we had even if sometimes I couldn't admit it.

"Why didn't you tell me? I would've sent her home earlier than I did." Will says and changes his position a bit to look at my face.

I shrug. "I didn't want to influence that and it wasn't my place."

"You shouldn't have worried about that." Will mutters and kisses the side of my head softly.

"It doesn't matter anymore. It's over isn't it?" I shrug yet again and lean my head on his shoulder. Other girls were interviewed and last they showed Josie. She was dressed modestly with her hair in a braid down her back.

"As much as I may have wanted it to be me there instead, I never doubted the prince's feelings for Autumn. They had something outside the Selection that I don't believe any of the other girls could relate to at all." Josie says.

I smile at what she says. I'd never liked her much during the Selection because of the way she always seemed perfect, but I felt that if we were both in a different environment together we could be friends.

I choose to try and change the topic before it can arise. I'd rather not talk about Josie here, since the entire selection I'd held a grudge I wasn't proud of.

"How many kids do you want?" I ask out of the blue.

"Well," He begins and ignores the obliviousness. "What do you want?"

"Plenty. I don't see why not. We have the entire palace with more rooms than you can imagine. And money can't be an issue here." I shrug. If I'd lived in the same situations I did in my old town, and if I found myself married, I'd have few kids if any. Then it would've been hard to support them. "And I like babies."

"Like four? Because there are plenty of rooms on this floor." Will laughs and I look up to him smiling.

"Sure. Four sounds good. And all of them relatively close in age so they are all friends." I say with a happy grin.

"Sounds Good to me." Will says with a smile and leans down farther to kiss me. "Where do
You want to go, Autumn?" He asks and stares intently at me.

"What do you mean?" I question him.

"Where do you want to visit? Where in the world do you want to go more than anywhere?" He asks again, more clearly. This time I don't know what to say.

"I want to go to other countries. Like The German Federation, Swendway, or France. But I also want to go to low-income countries. I think it's important for people to see those places and see what so much of the world actually is." I say thoughtfully. I didn't exactly know what I was going to say until I said it.

"Then we are going to go there. Every place you can think of." Will smiles. I hide my grin by moving closer to him and laying there beside of him in s comfortable.

Everything seemed perfect. The way our hands fit together perfectly and the way we could just sit here without any noise and be comfortable. The way he could barely brush my hair and it's just casual.

We talk about our future that night. The past is in stone but the future is yet to be written. Fate is now handing us the pencil.