Chapter 43

When we walked into the house it was about the time everyone would be showering and preparing for bed. I walk in the living room and see Kathy sitting on the couch with the television on and Colton beside of her.

"Are you staying the night?" Kathy asks us both hopefully and I nod. "Good, that's what Colton told us so I have your rooms prepared."

"Come on, Autumn." Colton says and slides off the couch and grasps my fingers. "I have to show you my room."

"Yes, him and James worked on it for days after you left to get their minds off of you." Kathy smiles at me as Colton gently tugs my hand.

"I'll be back soon." I tell them both and walk up to the guest bedroom that is now Colton's bedroom. When I walk into the room I flick on the light switches to reveal the navy walls with rocket ship and planet stickers placed on the walls. I notice old toys of Janes piled in the corner and stacked together. There was a large queen size bed pushed against a wall across from the TV and a small lined cage that catches my attention.

"It's name is Frost." Colton mutters beside of me and looks up at the pure white bunny. "I don't think it helped Mama."

"You can't always help people, but I'm sure she appreciated it." I smile at Colton and try and change the subject. "I love your room though, bud. You've got a nice big bed all to yourself, too."

"Aunt Kathy said you are staying the night in my room." Colton smiles and sits on the bed beside of me.

"What about I go shower quickly and then I'll come back up and we can play with Frost?" I suggest with a smile. He nods happily and I make my way down the stairs to the living room to find Kathy alone.

"I sent Will to the showers earlier. You can go to the guest bathroom if you want and clean up." She tells me before I sit down and I nod happily and hug her before I leave.

"Thank you so much for everything." I whisper.

"I've enjoyed every second of it and I think everything that has happened has been worth it and will have a big impact on your life." She smiles and pulls away. "Your mother always told me that you have big things going for you and I never doubted her."

"Thank you." I smile and leave upstairs.

•••

The next morning we were about to head to the airport and I pulled my family tightly to me.

"I'm going to miss you all." I say with a smile. "And thank you for you all being here the last couple of days."

"I have a feeling we will be seeing you soon again at the palace." James says quietly as I hug him and I can't help but laugh.

"I hope so." I don't think I could've hid my smile that made its way up to my eyes. "Have you talked to any girls recently?" I ask in the same soft voice.

"Nah." James steps back. "Sometimes I think there is just nobody out there."

"Don't have that attitude." I scold lightheartedly. "It'll all happen like it is supposed to. Give it time."

"That sounds like familiar advice." James jokes and I remember the night at the palace which seemed like forever ago.

"Maybe." I laugh and hug him once more. "I love you."

"Love you too." I move on to Colton and Kathy and hug them both at once.

"I love you both. Behave Colton." I say lightheartedly and kiss his head. "Goodbye." I say as I duck my head into the slick black car.

"I wonder what the other girls have been doing about this." Will says aloud to ease the tension.

"I don't know. They all seem pretty confident in their relationship right now." I shrug then realize it sounded a bit cold. "I'm sorry."

"It's fine. I feel guilty that they do feel confident because I'm afraid I've deceived them." Will says, conflicted.

"Maybe, Maybe not." I shrug. "We all knew this was going to be a difficult journey."

"I guess so. I can't focus when I'm on dates with other girls and I'm thinking of you and how and where I'm going to propose to you and what our wedding is going to be like." Will says holding back his smile. I hold my breath as I ask my next question.

"How do you imagine that?" I ask with a hint of a smile on my lips.

"I think of your family and my family all sitting in the front row and watching you walk down the aisle in a white dress in one the prettiest churches in the world; in the palace." Will looks down at our intertwined hands and smiles.

"Good. Because I imagine the same thing." I squeeze his hands softly and lean my head against his chest. "I think about you at the end of the aisle while I'm in a big wedding dress waiting to say 'I do'"

"I love you." Will whispers against my ear. "And my entire family loves you and I just don't know how something so perfect can be real in such an awful world."

"I guess we will just have to wait and see, right?" I shrug and close my eyes. I understood every word that he said. How could something so impossibly perfect end up working in real life? What would happen to me if I were to simply have to go back home and watch Will from afar on a TV screen.

"I don't wanna have to wait that long." Will mutters quietly. "We are both just beginning our lives now. It's weird, but it's all worth it."

A/N

Yes, I know it's been boring but there is something HUGE coming up at the end of the next chapter so please don't give up hope on me now guys. There might be about ten chapters left of this book which seems like a lot, but I feel like this book has went by so fast. Thank you all for reading!!