Prologue

A/N
Any person, place or scene that seems to be familiar to you is just a coincidence, its all work of imagination please take no offense. There is no place as hanford near New York

And don't mind the grammar I suck at it *sheepishly grins* and feel free to correct it.

That's all peeps Happy reading😘.

××××××××××××
Nyla P.O.V

"Ma'am we have arrived " the cab driver said from the front seat. I gave him his money and get out of the car. I thanked him while pulling my luggage out.

"No problem" he said and with that he drove away. I took the keys out from the third pot kept on the left side of the door where Mrs. Serene, my landlord had kept.

My thoughts wander off to how uncanny and terrifying this whole thing is. Moving to Hanford from Canada.

A smile broke on my face when I recall why I am doing this. Even though the reason is totally absurd, but it makes my parents happy.

Well, actually my parents were born and raised here in Hanford. It is a pretty small place just an hour ride from New York.

So, when my dad got a really good job offer in Canada they shifted there. They always wanted atleast one of their children living where they grew up and since they are highschool sweethearts they want us to go to the same high school. And because my sister is already done with college so I have to come.

Nothing unusual or a weird reason to shift all the way from Canada to here right??

I entered the house my parents had rented for me it is not big just an open kitchen with two stool beside the counter. On the other side of the room is a small couch and a coffee table with an LED tv in front of it. There was a door to a room which I remember Mrs. Serene asked not to go in as it was once her painting studio which has some precious memories that she doesn't want anyone to look at.

Like ok, Margaret what have you been hiding in that place?
I doubt if its paintings, or is she some professional killer hiding dead bodies in a deep freezer.

Well my imagination is too wild and although I was curious, still I respected her privacy because come on, I'm not the nosey one in the family, that department is of other Henderson sister.

There is a staircase which leads to the next floor, that has a bedroom and a storeroom. All the furniture in the house was covered with a layer of dust. I mentally growled by seeing the amount of work that I have to do.

I went up the stairs to my bedroom. I push open the door eager to see my habitat for next two years. On the left side of the room are two doors which I think, one is of the closet and other one is for the bathroom, in the middle of the room touching the back wall is a queen size bed.

And the most exciting thing is that there is a balcony attached to the room. I briskly open the curtains and the glass door to be greeted by soothing cool air and awesome blossom view of the park which is next to my house, well technically not mine but whatever.

And THIS is hands down the favourite part of the house for me because there is this really really comfy big chair sort of basket with fluffy cushions.