The second first day

For the second time this year Hanna pulled up to the Grey-Sloan memorial hospital in her car and step out into the open air. It was raining. It was cold last time but it wasn't raining. Hanna frowned as the water hit her in the face making her regret not bringing an umbrella.

She got into the swing of things without a hitch or much questioning and just keep her head down in the ER. Hanna dodge any and every question about why she ran off the first time, answering every one with a 'it's a personal matter' or 'it was a family emergency'. She couldn't talk about it, not yet. Eventually it got to lunch and the chances of forced socialization grew.

"Hi," a sweet voice chimed behind her.

Hanna turned to find a georgous blonde woman with an infectious smile standing behind​ her. Her blue eyes sparkled as Hanna looked up at her.

"April, uh Dr. Kepner said you were very quiet this morning and you weren't like this when you were here the first time," she rambled, "anyway she was a little worried about you so I wanted to see if you were okay?"

"I'm fine," Hanna said, not taking my eyes off her. She hadn't seen someone that pretty in a while and it was a bit of a shock to see someone like that in person. "Thanl you for asking though ... Uh?"

"Arizona," she smiled happily putting her tray next to Hanna's, "Robbins."

She sat down, happy to make conversation with the new doctor.

"Hanna O'Reily," Hanna said turning back to her food. She was happy that Arizona wanted to talk to her but she was worried about her questions, Hanna hoped that they would stick to small talk.

"I know who you are," she chimed, taking a fry from her plate. Her smile was playful and a little mischievous, "very famous trauma surgeon who came all chirpy, got a phone call and then ran away. There has been a lot of talk about you."

"Oh really like what?" Hanna asked leaning on the table as she smiled over at Arizona.

"Well I heard that either a family member was sick, a friend called with boy trouble," she listed, "I also heard that your like really rich and someone broke into like one of your other houses but, mostly people are just saying that you aren't serious about the job."

"Okay, first of all if someone had broken into one of my many rich person houses I'd tell my butler to take care of that," Hanna joked as she watched her chuckle across the table, "no need for me to waste my time on second and third homes."

"Oh, oh your funny, but seriously though, what happened?" She asked putting a chip back on the plate. Her expression softened as she asked her question, she was curious but it worried her when a wave of pain flashed across Hanna's eyes.

"I don't feel comfortable talking about it," Hanna said, looking down at her tray as she held back the tears that threatened to fall.

"Okay," she said her smile forcing its way back onto her face as she stood up, "I have to go but I'll see you around. I have a feeling that we're going to be friends."