Life is good

Hanna walked through the ER with a smile on her face. She and Jackson had been dating for a while now and everything was going really well. It was definitely safe to say that Catherine Avery was happy about their decision to be together. On her walk she saw Meredith leaning on the desk.

"Hey Mer," she said happily spinning to lean against the desk.

"Hey, I haven't seen you in a while," Meredith smiled looking up from her chart, "how are you?"

"I'm good, actually," Hanna said a little surprised with the answer, "life has been pretty great. And you? How are you?"

"I'm okay, pushing through as normal," she said smiling again, "Amelia's sick so I have to pull through a little more than usual now, I'm just waiting on the whining."

"She's sick?" Hanna said a little confused, "I hadn't seen her today, I was wondering where she was."

"Yeah, that's what she said," Meredith sighed with a slight shrug, "I thought I'd give her a couple of days before I went all 'it's drugs' on her. Give her the benefit of the doubt you know?"

"Yeah," Hanna chuckled slightly but was still quite concerned.

Amelia would have told her if she was sick, she would have said something but, as Meredith said give her the benefit of the doubt.

#####

As the day went on Hanna got more and more distracted by Amelia's weird behaviour. She'd texted to see if she was okay and got no answer and called and got the same so, she decided to texted Amelia's boyfriend Ethan.

Do you know if Amelia's okay? I heard she was sick wondering if you knew anything.

A few minutes later her phone buzzed.

Sorry nothing. Do you think I should go see her?

H.R.

Don't worry I'll go.

Hanna quickly got up from her chair and race out the hospital.

#####

Hanna furiously banged on the door and waited until Amelia opened it.

"What is it?" She snapped leaning on the door like a crutch.

"You don't show up work, Meredith said you were sick so I'm like okay you're sick," Hanna ranted, "but then when I try and talk to you I get nothing. Not an I'm fine or a I feel like shit but I'll live. I'm sorry for worrying about you."

"Well then, I'm fine, I feel like shit but I'll live," Amelia mocked squinting her eyes at Hanna, "can I go back to bed now?"

"Are we gonna talk about this?" Hanna asked very concerned now.

"Nothing to talk about," Amelia said dryly before slamming the door in Hanna's face.

Frustrated and unsure what to do Hanna turned and walked back to her car.