Welcome home

Amelia had gotten changed out of her scrubs and into her normal clothes.

"You ready to go?" She asked, pulling on her coat.

"Whenever you are," Hanna replied with a warm smile.

After leaving, Amelia smiled warmly as she stared at her friend like she was a dream. Gently, she slipped her arm through Hanna's and rested her head on her shoulder. Hanna smiled knowing how happy Amelia was to have her back.

Obviously, it had been a long time since she had seen Hanna. Almost a year was a while to go without your best friend, especially when the reason they were gone was dangerous.

"So, how was it?" Amelia asked, "your army stuff."

"It was good, it really helped. The routine, it set my head straight again," she told her, "I felt, before I went, like I was just flailing. I wasn't going anywhere, I just felt lost. And now I feel, sort of free but also reset and back on a path."

"I'm glad you've refound yourself," Amelia said still hugging Hanna's arm, "I'm happy you're happy again."

Hanna smiled and rested her head on top of Amelia's as they walked down the street. The wind was cold, it bit at the back of their necks. They walked and talked as they went down the road. They were going for a coffee, in a nice little café while Amelia had a break from the hospital.

It was nice to see eachother again. It almost felt like coming home. Hanna would talk to her family later, they knew she was back but they also knew that she was going to Seattle first.