Happy coffee

The days was long and Hanna had started early so half way through the day she stood at the coffee cart waiting for her caffeine.

"Hey kid," an Australian voice said behind her.

"Nate!" Hanna exclaimed turning to see her friend, "how are you? What have you been up to?"

"Being ignored by an old friend apparently," he said sarcastically with a smile.

"Hey!" Hanna said defensively, "this place is so busy today."

"It's okay kid," he told as he pulled her in for a hug.

Hanna grabbed her coffee from the side and turned back to Nathan.

"It has been lovely speaking with you Riggs but I have to go," she smiled walking back off down the corridor, "let's have drinks sometime."

"I'll bring my wife," he called after her.

"Oh who?" Hanna asked coming back towards him her interests peaked.

"Megan," he said with a beaming smile.

"Nate, Megan's--" Hanna started with a concerned tone.

"Back from the dead," he said pulling out his phone, "she came home a while ago. Look."

Nathan showed her pictures of him, Megan and Furuk.

"That's Furuk," he said pointing at the small boy in the photos, "Megan adopted him while she was captured."

"He's beautiful," she said softly.

"Oh, how's your Nathan?" He asked innocently, "he turned five last month didn't he?"

"He would've done yeah," Hanna said sadly, trying to hold herself together.

"What?" Nathan asked worried, "what happened?"

"He was hit by a car about six months ago," she explained holding back her tears, "Johnathan's girlfriend was getting him a hot dog and he ran off into the road while she was paying."

"Oh my God," he said solemnly, "are you okay?"

"No," Hanna told him smiling weakly, "but I can function now at least."

Nathan pulled her in for one last hug and held on tight. He knew that Hanna wasn't one to talk about this kind of thing so, he just held her for a moment.

"Stay strong kid," he said letting her go.

Hanna gave him a weak smile before heading off back down the corridor.