Dress to impress

Hanna sat in her car tapping the wheel impatiently as she waited for her long time friend, Jackson Avery. When he arrived at the car window, he knocked on it making Hanna jump.  As he got in the car Hanna looked him up and down with a raised eyebrow.

"What is it?" He asked sighing at her reaction, "what's wrong with the suit? Cause if your dad's gonna say something tell me."

"What? No, nothing," Hanna stuttered getting back to reality, "you look great. It's nice, Italian?"

"What else?" He smirked happy that he didn't have to change.

#####

The pair walked into the gala Hanna's arm tucked into his. A few heads turned but their entrance seemed to go unnoticed by most however, most didn't include Catherine Avery.

"Hi baby," she said to Jackson looking down at their linked arms with a smirk, "is this finally happening?"

She gestured to their linked arms with her purse as she dragged out her last word.

"No mom," Jackson said annoyed already, "sorry to disappoint but this happens every time we arrive at one of these things. For the last time we're just friends."

"You never leave just friends," Catherine said suggestively, "don't think I don't know because I do. And personally I think you two would make a beautiful couple."

"Mom!" Jackson exclaimed slightly shocked at her comment, "can't you just leave it?"

"I'm sorry baby," she said rubbing his shoulder before she began to leave, "you guys have a good night."

As she walked away she winked at Hanna making her laugh and look down at the ground.

"She does that every time," he chuckled turning to face Hanna, her arm slipping out of his, "so, for like the millionth time, I apologise for my mother."

"It's okay Jack," she smiled up at him, "you know I love your mom."

"Yeah I know."