Jackson

Hanna sat staring at the brown liquid in her class that sat on the bar at Joe's. She knew that the attendings didn't tend to go there anymore because they all had children to take care of or they were just generally too old to be going out drinking all the time. She knew she could probably sit there without being interrupted. Hanna still had her dilemma on her mind and she kept thinking why can't she date both, maybe not at the same time or maybe not even dating properly but just sort of hang out with them and see how it would go.
As she was thinking someone had taken a seat next to her at the bar.

"You gonna drink that or is it a new art piece?" He asked causing Hanna to snap out of her head and realise that it was Jackson sitting next to her.

"Oh it's like an interactive art piece," she smiled, "I could drink it and I probably will but it's the restraint and control that is the art."

"Very poetic," he laughed, "what's on your mind?"

"Nothing it doesn't matter," she shrugged off as he turned on the stool so he was sitting side on to the bar.

"Hey, if it matters to you, it matters to me," he told her with a gentle tone that made her smile, "you know you can tell me anything."

"No really there isn't anything I just zoned out," Hanna told him moving her drink so she could put her arm on the bar.

"Alright, you'll tell me when you're ready then," Jackson smiled as he called Joe over to get himself a drink.

They talked for a long time after that and it felt she was seventeen again just with him in their rooms or wherever they were just talking. About whatever came to mind. The latest medical stuff, parents, friends, the news, anything. Absolutely anything.
It got to the point were they had really had to go home for some sleep so Jackson walked her to her car and stood and appreciated his friend after not seeing her for so long.

"You know I can't describe how much I missed you," he said as she threw her bag in the back seat.

"Yeah?" She said looking up at him.

"Yeah, it really made me realise how much you mean to me," he told her, "how much it would kill me if you had gotten killed over there. I need you in my life. And I know I messed up last time and I hurt you really bad but I want you to know that I believe that I've changed and matured and it would mean the world to me if you'd let me prove it."

Hanna took a second of the thinking time as she tried to think about what she wanted but Jackson cut her off.

"Now you don't have to answer me right now," he said with a nervous smile, "you don't have to answer me at all if you don't want to but sleep on it and keep me updated on what's going on with you and us if there is one. Please."

"Okay," she smiled at him as he turned to walk over to his car.