Healthy Relationship

Hanna stood silently furious next to her finance. You could cut the tention with a knife as they waited for the release forms so that she could go home.

"Everything seems to be in order," the man at the desk said handing over a form for Jackson to sign, "And this is for you. Well done and have a nice life Dr. O'Reily, I don't want to see you again."

"Believe me, as much as I love you," Hanna said taking the certificate from the man, "James, the feeling is mutual. Let's go."

Her tone changed when she talked to Jackson, it got colder, sharper. The young couple walked out of the psych unit and onto the elevator in silence.

"You okay?" Jackson asked trying to start small talk.

"Am I okay?" Hanna said repeating the question, "well let's see, I just got out of a psych ward where my favourite resident visited me more than my boyfriend did which was not at all so yeah I had a great time. How about you? How was your freedom in the outside world?"

"Hanna please," Jackson said trying to plead with her.

"No Jack, where were you?" she asked angrily.

"I was busy," he said bluntly trying to dodge the question.

"Bullshit," she shouted glaring at him, "my father came to see me and he lives in a different state, he made time to visit his least favourite child so where were you?"

"I was scared okay," he said trying to get her to understand, "I was scared that you were gonna be different when I went to see you. It's hard to be the boyfriend okay, you scared me."

"It scared you? It was hard for you?" Hanna said in disbelief, "try losing who you are, try doing things that now I know are crazy but then I felt completely sane. I live terrified everyday about going down that spiral, cause I don't see it and neither do other people until it's too late or just before unless they know what their looking for."

"I'm sorry," he said backing down as the elevator opened, "I should've come to see you. I was an asshole."

"You know what, I'm gonna stay at my place tonight," she said walking away from Jackson.

"You shouldn't be alone tonight," he called after her, "the doctor said you're re-adjusting."

"I won't be alone, I've got.." Hanna said pausing and looking around, "Leah, I've got Leah."

"Now you watch her okay," Jackson told Leah sternly, "do you know what to do?"

"Well she was the one that came to see me," Hanna said bitterly as she tugged on Leah's coat so that she would follow her out, "Goodnight Jack."