Prologue

"Hurry Lake. We need to move the pack now."

"I know Jessica. Here take Neo, I will gather everyone up and meet you at the safe house." Jessica took her child from her husband/mate's hands and started to run away.

"And Jessica" She turned around when she heard Lake call to her. "Stay safe."

She smiled at him before saying, "Don't worry. I will." Then she was gone. Lake's pack was in a war zone with two neighboring packs, and they needed to move immediately. Lake managed to gather everyone up under the influence of the war. Cries of wolfs dying could be heard, as well as murderous howls. Jessica made it to a new place in the forest with the other women who were also carrying their pups. Jessica climbed a tree with a huge house built in the tree. The other women did the same, but they were climbing up to different houses. A few years ago, the pack built houses in the trees in case of emergencies, like the emergency the pack was in now.

"Okay, now where are the rooms? Ah ha. There they are.", Jessica mumbled to herself. "Now to just waiting for Lake." Lake soon came to the spot with the rest of the pack. They all filed out and climbed the trees to reach the houses. Each family got their own house. And that was the start of a new life until they could go back home.

A few years later a five-year-old Neo was walking around the house. He was looking for his parents to read him a bedtime story. He looked out a window to see his parents turn into wolves. He let out a gasp of shock. He decided to question his parents when they come back inside the house.

Neo watched his parents walk off into the woods with a few others. Neo woke up in his bed in the morning. He swore he was in the living room last night. Neo went searching for his parents so he could get some answers. He found him and got those answers he wanted. He didn't know whether to be shocked, confused, or happy. He was definitely a mix of all three.