CHAPTER ONE

Yay! So this chapter is finally up! I didn't get many comments or votes on the last one, so hopefully this chapter is worthy of your comments and votes! ✅

OMG, the picture ^^ Harry is so me! 😂😂

Any of you all like Joey Graceffa? I really like the music video above. ^^ It's so metaphorical! 

CHAPTER ONE

<<Four Years later>>

<<Zayn's POV>>

Why did she have to leave? Why? What could I have done to stop this? What could I have done? I had asked myself. It was one week after Doniya left to go to college. She started her semester in the beginning of this year. The questions lingered in my head as I effortlessly glided through the ice, cutting through it. I easily completed a single axle and felt the cool wind on my face. It was January and I was already starting the New Year's bad. Doniya called me and wished me a happy birthday a while ago. She said that she ordered me an Amazon Alexa on Amazon, of course and it should arrive soon.

I remember so vividly, seeing Doniya's silvery Prius, loaded with the last of her belongings and stuff pulling out of our driveway. I remember the hot tears slowly falling down my tanned face. I remember the look in her eyes before she popped on her aviators. I remember the feeling in our hearts. When I saw her leave. Of course, she was only about a thirty minute drive away, but to me, that felt like a million miles away. Because I love her. Because I loved her more than anything else in the world. Nothing the world could offer could be better than my beautiful big sister.

I already knew that Doniya wanted to leave really badly. She was rarely ever home, in fact. She was either out with her friends or working at the local drug store. Whenever she was home, she only spoke willingly to me, not to Mum, not to Dad, not to my sisters, Waliyah or Safaa, only me. She graduated school early and immediately took her savings and rented a nearby apartment. It was only a two a two bedroom apartment, but it was pretty nice. It was a very nice, homey place, it had a little cafe, a gym, a launder and a pool, but it didn't have an ice rink. I haven't seen her, but I talk to her almost every night at least.

I continued to glide through the ice, small tears dripping down my face. I took a break and looked at my iphone. I turned on iHeartradio and switched to one of the songs that my sister loved. It was 'Tell Your Heart to beat Again' by Danny Goeke. It was actually a Christian song, but we mostly listened to it because of the soothing sense of hope it gave. I plugged in my earbuds and continued my skating exercises. Tell your heart to beat again . Close your eyes and breathe it in. Let the shadows fall away. Step into the light of grace. I danced to the music and glided gracefully.

Doniya and I had such great memories. We would go almost everywhere together. We would go mall shopping, go to the movies at night, had picnics at the park and watched the geese. But one thing was our passion. And that was skating. I glided to the end of the rink and recalled Doniya's words before she left.

"Remember Zayn. I will always love you." Doniya's voice echoed in my mind. I picked my right leg up and did a camel spin.

"Remember that I'll be back soon, and we can go skating again!" A loop jump was completed.

"Zayn, I want you to know, that no matter what anyone does or says, it will not change who you are, only you can do that." Doniya reminded me. Up went a double axle. I wasn't able to do a triple axle yet, but I kept trying. I redid my exercises and finished it with a triple flip. My alarm would be going off soon, signaling that school was going to start soon.