CHAPTER SIXTEEN

Aren't they so cute?? ^_^

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

<<Zayn's POV>>

<<Friday Night>>

I had a long, hard night. My pregnancy was taxing on me. I no longer woke up early and went to the rink. Instead, I woke up to take ibuprofen and eat about a quart of oatmeal. I had hot flashes and a severe desire to drink water. I took a huge thermos and filled it with ice cold water that I filled multiple times a day. And I had to go to the bathroom about every period. I felt so drained. I mostly just listened to some soothing music and Niall would hold me in his lap, he held his hands around my abdomen, even though it was way too early for any bump or sign of a child. It was still an embryo.

I read through the booklet and all of the information that the doctor had gave me during study hall class in school. I had a pretty strong grasp of what I should expect. Niall also read and knows what I'm going through. I was so worried. We promised to keep this a secret as well. Only Niall, his mom, Louis, Harry, Doniya, Dr. Calderone and I know about this. Nobody else. I could only imagine what others would say if they found out.

But it was about ten o'clock and the meeting was about to start soon. There was no way that I could sneak out of the house at this time of the day. So this was a group chat. My parents were getting ready to go to bed. My sisters already were. I also had Harry in the chat for support, in case if I needed any, but I told him to enjoy himself with Louis. Niall said that he was going to a party with Liam.

I got out my phone and turned it on. Doniya and Dr. Calderone were logged on. The chat consisted mostly of me asking questions and them answering me. Eventually, I had made up my mind. I was going to get an abortion.

I felt horrible for doing this. I felt like I was going to murder a child. I knew that this would break Niall's heart. He would never forgive me. But I understood that I had to do this. That without this, my parents would kill me and the child would only be a burden on my life. And the child would have a horrible life anyways because I wouldn't be able to take care of him or her. And I wouldn't be able to give a baby of mine for adoption.

We found a doctor of the Planned Parenthood and scheduled an appointment with them on Monday during hockey practice. There would be a checkup and then we can talk about the actual procedure. A vacuum would be inserted up my uterus, and then it would suck out the tissue gently and it would be all done. Dr. Calderone sent me a list of the procedure.

-Vacuum aspiration usually takes between 10 and 15 minutes. It can be done safely in a clinic or medical office under local anesthetic. For this procedure, the health professional will:

-Position you on the exam table in the same position used for a pelvic exam, with your feet on stirrups while lying on your back.

-Insert a speculum into the vagina

-Clean the vagina and cervix with an antiseptic solution.

-Inject a numbing medicine (local anesthetic) in the cervix. Medicine for pain or sedation, in addition to the local anesthetic, may be given by mouth or through a vein. Vasopressin, or a similar medicine that slows uterine bleeding, may be mixed with the local anesthetic to reduce blood loss.

-Grasp the cervix with an instrument to hold the uterus in place.

-Open (dilate) the cervical canal with a small instrument. Dilation reduces the risk of any injury to the cervix during the procedure.

-Pass a thin tube (cannula) into the cervical canal, and apply suction to gently remove all tissue from the uterus. As the uterine tissue is removed, the uterus will contract. Most women feel cramping during the procedure. The cramps will decrease after the tube is removed. Some women also may have nausea or sweating or feel faint.