Chapter 8

3rd P.O.V.

Aladdin's and (y/n)'s condition got better and got some color back. Ja'far was checking their temperature and sighed of relief.

"Thank goodness. Color has returned to their cheeks."

From the outside could be heard angry shouts of the people.

"Kill the royalty ! Give my daughter back !" Masrur and Ja'far looked at each other and told the woman beside those two.

"Please take good care of them. We must be going. Let's head to the palace, Masrur."

In the palace plaza, people of Balbadd were fighting against the guards and black rukh was all around the palace. Barkak said.

"Deputy King ! Order the armed forces to go on the offensive !" Another guard joined in.

"They may be our citizens, but this is an all-out war. The number of casualties in town and the plaza are growing."

"Please give your order !" Barkak said.

"What should we do, Alibaba ?" Sahbmad asked in panic.

"Half of the military will head towards the main gates. See if they can stop the rebels from entering. The rest of the army is to try to gain control over the rebels that have already broken through. My brothers and those injured should take refuge in the inner sanctuary. As the former head of the enemy forces, I will take the lead. I will stop Cassim !" Alibaba ordered with a serious look. The Fog Troupe was going through the gates and the others were talking.

"We cut through the military like butter." Somebody else said.

"Let's keep up the pace and break through to the inner sanctuary." Cassim was leading, when he stopped and glared, saying.

"He's here." Flame surrounded them in a circle, giving them no escape. Alibaba then stepped in, pointing his dagger at Cassim, who grinned and said.

"Yo, Alibaba. What's the matter ? Man, you look scary."

"Cassim, what are you planning ? The monarchy is done for. There's no reason for all this bloodshed ! Why are you doing this ?" Cassim only looked away, disinterested, that made Alibaba more frustrated and shouted.

"Answer me, Cassim !" Cassim looked at him and said.

"I could ask you the same thing, Alibaba. Equality ? A country without a king ? When did I ever wish for something like that ?" Ended with a glare and attacked Alibaba with his fog, but Alibaba jumped away and cursed.

"Damn you, Cassim !" The others started attacking Alibaba with their fog too, making him dodge again and thinking to himself. They also have swords of shackling ebon fog ? Doesn't matter. Amon's flames... Will cut right through their fog ! A girl from the Fog Troupe pointed her weapon at Alibaba and red fog appeared.

"Sword of scarlet fog !" It hit Alibaba and continued pouring at him and Alibaba's vision was getting worse, Cassim walked closer to Alibaba and said.

"Say, Alibaba. Do you think that a royal's kid should live as royalty ? And that a kid from the slums should always live as a slum's brat ?" Two others then shot their black fog at Alibaba and successfully capturing him and Cassim continued.

"I don't. We're all humans. Which means that any one of us is qualified to become king !" Cassim made a big ball of the fog, throwing it at Alibaba who shouted his djinn's name.

"Amon !" He then cut through the fog, which then completely disappeared. Cassim was shocked and somebody else asked.

"What's that ? Look at his sword !" Alibaba summoned Amon's sword and Alibaba was looking down, saying.