Chapter 10

Adi

''Have a great day!'' I wished Raksha as I dropped her off to University on Monday morning. She decided to stay over Sunday night and directly go for her classes. Well I was glad having more time with her.

''What's great about classes? '' She replied soured. ''Does anyone like studying?'' she said with a curled lip.

''What makes you grumpy?''

''Why is weekend that short?'' She whined like a child, stomping her feet. I chuckled and wrapped an arm around her shoulder, ''the answer is to make the wait for another weekend beautiful. Now off you go, I will see you soon.''

''Adi, I want to ride Ivory.'' She suddenly expressed her desire with shinning eyes.

''She isn't easy. I have others too, you can chose the calm one.'' I suggested, knowing what Ivory had done to unwanted riders in the past.

She shook her head, ''I am not concerned, I have you.'' She replied , her eyes locked with mine. With a sweet smile she stepped out walking away and I sat there gawking at her retreating form. Is she dropping hints or I am reading too much. Taking a deep breath I turned back to face the front to find Jordon glaring at me. I smiled in acknowledgement but he turned his eyes away ignoring my greeting. That felt weird. Ignoring him, I asked my chauffeur to drive. I had many meetings coming up for the day.

***

''Mom, I will when time is right.'' I replied slightly frustrated over the call with my mother. She never forgets to remind me that I am growing old. After talking to her, I feel as if I would lose my hair and dentures in minutes. She keeps scaring me about not getting married. She is one stubborn Royal and takes pride in begin that. She was never in favour of me having a business in London. She wanted me back the moment I completed my studies to look over our lands and properties. I know its my duty , but I wanted to experience something of my own. Now, I am all the way more scared to visit home. She might have gathered a crowd of eligible girls for me to choose one. But I have already chosen the one long back. ''Fine, I will look into it.''

''Don't you dare sound bore on me son. All I want is your happiness, so better follow my instructions.'' She warned

''Yes Mom! Anything else?''

''Yes, I would prefer if you move that girl Anjali and her daughter to some other place. '' I was alert now. We have had many discussions or rather arguments on this topic in the past and I have told her number of time that Anjali will not be moving out. Yet she keeps on pushing me to do it.

''She won't and I don't want any further discussion on the same.''

''That woman and her daughter are living on your money.'' Mom sounded agitated

''Anjali is earning of her talents. She is amazing at her work and I am paying her for job, and Mom I am grown up enough to take my decisions . Stay out of my life.'' With that I disconnected angry at her unkind words. Just because a woman is leaving off without the man and is friendly with another doesn't mean she is a gold digger. I laud and respect Anjali for what she is. After suffering two years of her abusive marriage she had the determination to give Anika a beautiful like, as a friend I am going to support her in all ways I can.

''May be I should move out.'' My eyes snapped at the cabin door as I found my best friend standing with a hurt written on her face. Quickly moving I pulled her in, locking the door.

''Now, you don't start.'' I warned

''Anika is growing ....'' I raised my palm shutting her off. Taking her hands in mine trying to be as calm as I could, ''Anika isn't just dear to you, I and James love her equally. Anjali, questions fingers comments and judgement will be there till we pay attention to it. Its better to ignore what's not good for us. And I don't want to discuss this further.''