Chapter-27

Raksha

Even after my stern attitude Adi didn't give up, he kept sending me gifts cards and flowers for past 2 months. Now, when I need some time he is dancing on my head. Where was he for 3 months after our first fight. Dumping the card in the bin, I stepped out of my room. I have been holed up for straight 18 hrs, working on assignments eating and taking short naps. My muscles felt stiff and I decided to take a walk around the mansion. I was hungry and wanted to eat something spicy. I was grateful to bhai for arranging a cook from back home, otherwise I don't know what I would have done.

Walking towards the staircase, I halted hearing the faint sounds coming from the hall down. I frowned, I wasn't aware about having a visitor any time soon then who it could be. I took quick and curious steps down the stairs making my way to the hall. A staff crossed my path wheeling a trolley loaded with assorted snacks and a kettle. My brow went up looking at the small baby bottle kept majestically on the trolley. My feet picked up the pace as I ran to be welcomed by a little crawling intruder, Rolli stared at my feet which had blocked her expedition and then she looked up, she blinked trying to recognise me turning away next moment. Before She could crawl off, I picked her up, ''Hi!'' I hugged her not caring of her wriggling. My eyes went to my brother and my best friend. I smiled , I made him promise and he is here, in 2 months.

I hugged Ananya tight, ''I am so happy to have you here.'' She rubbed my back, ''me too'' Rolli screamed close to my ear, making me jump, ''Put her down, she is excited about the new place.'' Ananya suggested

Nodding once I let her go gently on the carpet, London is far chillier than Jaigarh and I don't want her falling sick. Walking to bhai I held his eyes emotionally with mine, he opened his arms and I jumped in them. ''Thank you!''

''Any day sweet heart, Did you like the house?''

''House? It's a Mansion and why wouldn't I like it. It's just as I wanted.'' Last words were emotional. He nodded, ''You guys surprised me.'' I added

''We wanted too, Hansa knew and helped us keeping all things under wraps.'' My eyes went to Hansa who kept dancing on the door to the lawn to stop Rolli from crawling out. I smiled, she is an amazing friend. Initially I wasn't happy about her joining me knowing of her abilities but now I am thankful to bhai that he chose her.

''Lock the door Hansa, this girl won't budge.'' Ananya said. She nodded, squatted down and picked the Princess up. Moving back she closed the door, pushing the latch up. Rolli was beyond mad now, it looked as if she was on an expedition to discover new universe which got hindered by us. Hansa handed Rolli to Ananya taking her leave, Ananya glared at her daughter raising her forefinger and the baby went quite.

''Wow! You just terrorised my little niece.'' I complained

''Had too, she keeps terrorizing the whole Palace having Granny on her side. Now my turn, she has no one around.''

I cleared my throat and Ananya rolled her eyes. Turning to bhai I spoke excited, ''I will take you around in London.'' Next moment I face palmed, he too chuckled . He has spend his teens here and here I am telling him about the city.

Bhai checked on my course and progress, he hinted indirectly towards Adi but I ignore that part. I am in a happy space and I want to be that way without getting distracted. I had plans to do something in analytics and this why had gone for major in Economics and Statistics

During dinner, I decided to have my niece to myself. She looked more comfortable as I allowed her to explore my room without any hindrance. ''Can I keep her for night?''

''If you don't want to sleep. She has slept throughout the journey and now looks ready to mess with everyone.'' Bhai warned

I smiled, I fed her a spoon fool of her baby food. She ate but then pointed to my plate, ''No, you are not getting that.'' I said with a peck on her cheek. She giggled , ready to attack my plate