Chapter-15

Raksha,

I woke in a warm embrace. As I opened my eyes, they landed on the most handsome face. Adi slept on his back with my head on his shoulder and warm wrapped around my body  protectively. I realised we slept without changing our clothes. I caressed his face with my fingers. He stirred and then settled turning towards me. Leaning closer, I contemplated about kissing me or not. I realised he was in deep sleep and if I did, he wouldn't know. The thought was tempting and controlling my desire to kiss  this handsome man was now getting difficult. Giving in to my temptation, I pecked his lips. He smiled, ''That's unfair to take an advantage of a sleeping man.''

I blinked , all embarrassed. I wanted to be swallowed by the earth in that moment. He tricked me by pretending to be in deep slumber. ''How long have you been up?''

''Since the time you have been staring at my sleeping form or would I say pretentious sleeping form.'' I punched him playfully moving out of the bed. Pulling my hair in high  bun, I made my way to his wash room to freshen up. I feel amazing, having Adi around gives me a sense of security and importance. Come what may, I will never be rude to him. I heard the ringing of my phone and asked Adi to answer.

''Raksha, Its Ananya'' he called out. Wiping my face , I ran out to take the call.

''Ananya, I missed you girl.''

''Where are you?'' Her voice came angry

''At Adi's place. What's wrong?'' Her tone was giving me goose bumps. I felt Adi's soothing palm on my back.

''Leave the place as soon as possible.''

''Why Ananya?''

''Adi's mom was here, she was emphasising in getting you 2 married as you are practically living together. Raksha, if you really want to complete your masters, leave immediately or it would be very hard for me to handle Ranvijay.'' I read the warning in her voice.

''Fine, as you say.'' With that our discussion ended. I made my hair quickly and started looking for my shoes. ''What's wrong Raksha?''

''I shouldn't have spent the night here Adi, our families got a wrong impression about it.'' I answered strapping my shoe and then looking for the other.

He stood quite and then halted my nervous movements. ''Will you elaborate.'' Leaving my body lose on the edge of the bed, I narrated about the call.

''My mother in Jaigarh! For our alliance! Who told her about your presence her? '' He looked confused as he rubbed is chin thinking about the words I told him.

''I will have to leave Adi, this is my last chance. If I broke another rule, my brothers might just drag me back.'' My limbs were shaking in fear, Ananya's voice had given me the idea of my brothers' anger. After locating my other shoe under the side rack, I pushed my foot into it without undoing the strap. I groaned in irritation as I wanted to leave asap and this shoe was delaying me for no reason.

A moment later, Adi was on his knees helping me with the shoe. He gently undid the strap and placed my feet into it , tying it around my ankle, ''Calm down Raksha, I will handle my mother. And I am sorry, she had no right to barge in with proposal.''

''I am sure you will, I am scared what will be the outcome of this. I just hope, bhai doesn't order me to come back.'' I don't know when but a drop trickled down my cheeks. He cupped my face, ''hey, don't you worry, nothing will happen. If you want I will speak to them''

''No, not now.. Let me handle it.'' He wiped my tears and nodded. I rushed down to leave to be greeted by James and Anjali. I just nodded, informing them I was in hurry. ''Adi, forgot to tell you. Your mom called yesterday.'' Anjali informed while arranging the plates on the table. My eyes went to Adi and then to her, I think he understood my thoughts. He just gave me an assuring nod walking me out to my vehicle.