Chapter-19

Raksha

It was so good to be back home. Last 3 months have been terrible for me, college home and then my sleepless nights. Not even once he checked on me, each moment of loneliness pierced my heart . I don't know how many nights my pillow had witnessed my broken state.

When Bhai informed me about Vikram's upcoming birthday celebration, I was elated. The vacation back home was the perfect distraction from my lonely heart. That weekend , I dragged Hansa to the best Mall in London. I wanted to buy best for my niece and nephew, this was the first time I am going to see them. Though, bhai had shared pictures but the excitement of meeting the new babies was beyond compare.

I felt stuck and confused after stepping inside the large kids store, ''Now, where to start?'' I asked Hansa. She blinked as if being pushed to a death sentence, ''I will be out, let me know once you are done.'' With that she fled. I Know she hates shopping, bhai once teased her stating she would be implying her economics theorem while checking the stores and that prevents her from enjoying it.

I checked few stuff but then felt confused, my eyes fell on a giant teddy bear, I couldn't help but smile. It looked so soft and fluffy, I felt tempted to buy that for me. But before that I have to shop for my nephew and niece. For Ahaana, I picked cute small hair clips. I know she is too young for that but Ananya can use it later. I added few soft girly toys for her in the bucket, before moving to buy something for Vikram. I stood staring at the different options all the way more confused, what could I buy for a year old boy. Then I thought of Veer, as a kid he loved all things he could throw around and would make me retrieve it as if I was his pet. He did all this to get rid me as I would tag along requesting him to include me in his games. I smirked at the memory, time for payback. After picking few blocks ,toy Robot , I picked a stuff soft ball. I am definitely going to teach him about how to keep a father busy. Giggling to myself, I moved to get my stuff billed. A commotion caught everyone's attention as toys from a particular rack fell on someone lying on floor. Shrugging my shoulders I picked my stuff walking out..

We were in the parking when I realised, I forgot to pick the teddy. Dumping everything in the boot, I ran back to get it. By the time I reached, it was sold. I felt like a kid denied her favourite toy.

***

I had a 3 hr layover in Delhi, and it was boring. May be, as I was in a rush to be home. My mind went back to my last visit to Delhi. It was a year back when I was leaving for London, I still remember the way Adi stood tall like a wall between me and Brijesh's goons. If not for him, I would have been scarred for life. These days I just have one work, think of Adi. I miss him more than I ever could comprehend. His absence is creating a kind of vacuum around, a hollow that dreads my mere existence. What did I ask? I just wanted us to be together, minus any Anjali. I wasn't stopping him from helping her , but I did had an issue of she being with him 24/7. No wife or a girl friends would accept that. 'You are neither.' Screamed my mind, true I never confessed, and I guess that was my biggest mistake.

Hansa broke my thoughts extending a cup of coffee; we were waiting for the boarding in the reserved lounge. My eyes roamed around; a young couple sat making love with eyes, and smiles. They kept holding hands oblivious to the presence of others, ''Couldn't they wait to reach their destination?'' Hansa murmured with distaste.

''Love makes you forget everything.'' I replied watching them with a smile

''Love sounds like a synonym of Amnesia to me.'' She said tongue in cheek making me give her a flat stare. She lifted her palms is surrender, but I could hear her small chuckle every now and then. She looks more excited than me about visiting Jaigarh. When I warned, she broke into fits of laughter mocking different love quotes. How I wish she just falls once in trap of Love and I get a chance to tease her. The announcement of boarding came as a breather as we walked to out of the room.