Chapter-39

Ranvijay,

Today is a big day, my baby sister is going step into a new life. A life, where she will make and raise a family of her own. I am happy and sad at the same time, Raksha never grew up for me. For me she will always be the baby with brown eyes who demanded piggy back ride from me. ''I am too going to miss you bhai.'' I froze, I came to this room without telling anyone to relive the memories of my childhood, her sudden appearance left me startled. I took a moment to control my emotions when are slender arms went around my middle, as her cheek pressed against my back, ''Will you now look at me.'' She demanded

''You should be resting.''

''That's all I am doing. I wanted to spend time with you, since you were nowhere around your suite, I decided to come here.''

Removing her arms I turned to face her, ''Are you happy?''

''I am bhai. Are you?''

''Your smile matters to me sweet heart. If you are happy, so am I.''

She studied me, ''You will miss me, I know. But don't worry, soon Rolli will be grown up enough to fill the void.''

''No, she can't. Raksha we can love many in our life, but each one holds a special position and no second person can be that. Rolli can never be Raksha.'' She smiled hugging me tight. Tonight , she will become Raksha Ranawat, and the next Queen of Ranawat clan.

''Bhai, can you find someone suitable for Hansa in Ranawat estate? I would like her for my dowry.'' She demanded like she always did. In olden time, the most trusted guards and confidante went as dowry with Princess but now times have changed. I don't consider any of them as my staff, instead I feel obliged to them for protecting me . There is nothing more bigger than putting your life at stake for someone else

''Raksha, that depends on Hansa. If she is willing to get married, I have no issues.''

She understood what I said, ''I can be a spoilt brat at times. Sorry.'' I hugged her tight, my little girl will soon be gone and we will be left behind with all the remembrance.

Veer,

Its strange how most happiest day of one's life brings the tears of joy and sorrow at the same time. It's indeed the happiest day as the most beloved member of our family is entering into a new chapter. We all are set to celebrate her happiness , yet our eyes are wet. She will no longers just be our sister, she will be a wife and her priorities will change.

'My thoughts were broken by my buzzing phone, ''hey Adi!''

''Veer, what do you think Raksha would prefer, Europe tour or Mexico?'' Adi asked. I felt like banging his head, he is asking a sister's honeymoon location preference from her bother. And right now, I feel like puking even suggesting it.''

''Why don't you call her and check?''

''Its suppose to be a surprise.'' He replied serious, then added, ''Moreover, I am not allowed to speak or see her till the rituals are completed.''

''really, then whom were you talking to loitering all over the lawn at mid night?'' Yes, I saw him in the garden a day before. The smile he wore gave away everything, to me he appeared to funny with that pink shade on his masculine cheeks, but then its called love. Even a macho behaves like a love struck puppy and my friend is worst that a puppy, he is a guinea pig.

''Fine, I will check with Ananya.'' With that he disconnected. I laughed at the other end realising that I just embarrassed him.

Bhai had asked me to monitor the final decorations and safety details of the wedding dais. I was busy checking the every piece of decoration when tug on my trousers made me turn, and there stood the most beautiful girl in the world. Rolli held out a piece of chocolate to me , her face and hands smeared completely with it. I picked her up, ''For me'' She nodded, and I accepted. We have a strange love hate bond, just like I hate with Raksha. I never fail to tease her, and she never fails to surprise me with her small loving gestures.