Chapter-17

Raksha,

I stood numb for long after Adi walked out on me. I was damn sure he would chose me but he didn't . My heart broke, eyes started filling up as I sobbed hard. I had seen the copy of Birth Certificate and it clearly mentioned him against the Father 's name. Yet, I decided to be with him believing his mother's words. I stood there for long hoping him to turn and come back to me , but he didn't. The zooming sound of his car killed even the last fragment of hope left in my heart.He rejected me...for her.

She had been In touch with me for some time now. She profusely apologised for hushing the marriage matter , later she explained me the reason for it. She fears that Anjali might trap Adi in her web for his wealth and his status. When I mentioned about the birth certificate, she brushed it off stating that it must be Anjali's job to bind Adi to her. She mentioned how Adi had been madly in love with me for years, how he turned down many eligible Princesses because he couldn't let me out of his memories. I was so moved, I had been in love before , that man promised me stars and skies but ended up being a fraud. He was planning to sell me off in a flesh trade because my cousin asked him to. And on the other end was Adi, the guy who cared for me since we were kids. I had known of his affection but I ignored him, not ready to open my heart. It was his dedication and care that made me go jelly. His mother's words worked as a catalyst and I decided to give my heart another chance. Now, standing all alone in my room I am thinking again , was my decision to return his feelings was wrong?

''Raksha!!'' Hansa's panicked voice and her arms around me made me realize I was about fall. She helped me to the bed, removing my shoes she covered my fragile form with a devut and left dimming the room lights. Once I was sure of my loneliness , I buried my form deep into the sheets sobbing my heart ache. I hated him that moment; I wanted to forget all about him. The first kiss, his care , the night we slept cocooned in each other's embrace. I wanted to wipe all of my mind, but couldn't. I realised today how deep Adi has gone into me. If forgetting Pavan was difficult, letting go Adi would be death for me.

'He treated you like nobody. He must be having fun with that woman and here you are crying in his memory'

My ego reasoned, lifting my torso up I supported my back on the pillows. My sobs had reduced to hiccups. I was doing all to control the breakdown, I couldn't and broke down again. It felt so lonely around this majestic house. I missed my family, my brothers my best friend, my parents and my Granny. I have been there Princess, I realised how ungrateful I have been till date about the love they have showered on me. There hasn't been a thing I asked which they refused, and I behaved like a spoilt brat. ''Bhai, I miss you.'' The words left my mouth as I hugged myself close recalling my eldest sibling. He is like a Santa-clause who brings me gifts with or without Christmas. I wish he had been here so that I could cry my heart out. Sobbing I checked the time, it was still 2 hours to dawn but my life seemed to have sank into undying darkness.

***

''My classes will be over by 6:00 PM. Pick me up then.'' I informed Hansa moving out of the vehicle. This for the 100th time that I have checked my phone in a hope of him calling back, may be I should give up. But what about this heart which isn't ready to give up. With heavy steps I made my way to my place in the class room. The economics Professor greeted us passing a stern look over the classroom. 

''You look dull.'' Jordon whispered. I just nodded, ignoring him trying to concentrate on the words of the   Professor. I want to forget all that happened yesterday and before. I was here to make a career and make my family proud. I will do just that. ''Jordon, would you mind stepping out?'' came Professor's annoyed voice. There was no point Jordon gave an explanation , he just stepped out leaving me a crumbled note. Professor adjusted his glasses giving me a glare before going back to his lecture. After the classes, I stepped out to leave for home. I was glad I had a pile of assignments to work on, for some time I can keep my mind of Adi.