Chapter-26

Adi

I watched her standing across the road as she enjoyed the breeze opening her arms wide, her brown hairs dancing across her face. Since her last encounter, I have been terrible. The anger and hatred in her eyes have kept me awake for long, why couldn't she understand me for a minute. I wanted to save her from being a puppet in my mother's hands, but in all this I am the one who suffered the most. She blocked all contacts with me, I tried reaching her over the Rathore Palace but the call got answered by Dipika, who politely yet in a warning way asked me to maintain the distance from Raksha. For that moment I decided to go with her advice to give it up in a day. Its my and Raksha's life and I won't let others take a decision. Veer though was very cordial, but when it came to Raksha his voice and tone changed. He didn't allow me to explain him the circumstances. I felt hurt, but more than that I was mad at my mother for playing with my relationships. She destroyed my childhood friendship and future with Raksha. Whatever was going on, it was between us but now its between the families. Two Royal families, and when things get heated they get dirty.

I couldn't stay a minute more under the same roof as my mother. She has always been over ambitious and I had to pay for her desires with my only dream, ''Are you going to let her go?'' Dad asked as he watched me pack

''I am going to give her some time to cool down and then I will speak to her.''

''Adi, she isn't someone common, don't forget that. Ranvijay threatened us in our own house. He isn't going to make anything easy.''

''I know, but this is our life and we make the decisions.''

''What if she decides to let you go?'' Dad asked freezing my movements.

''I will compel her to come back, I am not settling down for a no.'' He just huffed and hugged me, wishing me luck. After confirming the schedule, I left for Delhi. Its good both of us are far from our families, with no interruptions, opinions and suggestions things would be easy. At least I hoped it would be.

On reaching London , I tried reaching Raksha to find she had changed her number. The wire lines too seemed have blocked me out. I wanted to be patient, but her stubbornness is making me anxious. Even when we fought, I made sure I saw her once a day , may be from a distance but I did. Now, at this stage I don't know if I am allowed in 100m radius of her.

When she was shifting to London for her masters, Ranvijay made sure he bought the property with highest and strongest wall. The mansion was more than 100 yrs and belonged to an old Lord, for few days I circled around the property to get a glimpse to fail miserably. I knew it was difficult to get a glance even she stood in her balcony or lawn. I was getting impatient, though my friends suggested to lie low but with every passing moment I felt her slipping off my life.

I was sorry for hurting her. Ranvijay was right, in way I shouldn't have put so many expectations on her. She is after all a pampered Princess, her family is too protective about her. I have already have a tasted of messing with Ranvijay and I have no intention of messing with her Granny. She is all the way more dangerous than any of them. Though retired, she won't hesitate in creating a mess of me if she finds her lovely grand daughter in tears.

''Adi, just give the girl a break, this way you will smother her.'' James said as he watched me pacing around.

''I just want to see her, once.'' I replied

''Buddy you will see her all your life but you have to be patient. Impatience my cost you bad, she is upset right now. Let her sit and ponder on all what happened, may be she realises and calls you back.''

''May be? This may be is what making me impatient'' James just shook his head. A thought struck me and I smiled making James frown, ''Please don't include me.''