Loose Gratitude

"You.." He uttered as he stood there with her for a while before finally popping on his hat and walking past her.

"Why did you do that?"

He paused. Perhaps he hadn't heard her correctly. He slowly turned around and raised an eyebrow at her, silently questioning her words.

"Why'd you knock him out?"

"You don't appreciate my service?"

"What service? I never paid for you to hurt him! I don't even know you!"

He clenched his jaw and fist before nodding. He slid the hat back onto his head before turning away once more.

So this is my pay for doing good.. Figures..

"Where are you going?"
"That's none of your buisness."
"Yes it is! You could be following me and-."
"You don't even know me and yet, you're already concerned about my whereabouts?"
"Because it has to do with me!"

He nodded before beginning to walk off as he mumbled, "Ungrateful pedestrian. I saved your fucking life three times already and you're just gonna treat me like shit?"

"Do you know me?" She asked, but he kept walking.

Not personally.

"I'm calling the police." He stopped.

Slowly, he turned his body towards her, staring for a bit.

"No you're not." He began to shake his head after a brief moment. "No.. Not at all.." Turning away, he began walking further away.

"You hurt an important man!" He paused.

"Correction.

I killed him."

The satisfaction of blood curdling horror crawling up her face was all he needed to boost his mood for the night. That her fear seemed worth the killing. But the fact that there may be a real threat to his hideout, shook him.

"You monster! Why are you such an animal? He was supposed to pay me!"

"Pay you? For what?"

There was an eerie silence that was accompanied by her hardcore stare at him. Full of hate.

"Ah. So you're a prostitute." He nodded.

".. I prefer to call myself a social worker.. The only difference is that I don't get involved personally, I get involved personally.."

"Whatever keeps you in the mood and gets you the money.."

"Listen, you nosey rat. What I do is my business. It only becomes yours if I give it to you."

"Well, that'll never happen because

I don't like loose pussy."

He turned away again just to feel the light and sudden pitters of fists on his back. Once it stopped, he sighed. "Please back up." He said calmly.

"No."

He checked behind his back before nodding. "Let's see. You've wasted my time by making me miss my drink of the night, made me get into a fight to save you and now you're angry at me for doing so."

"You're such a crude drunk! I can't believe you'd ever say such bullshit about me!"
"Or is it because you just wanna fuck me, yourself? To steal my money and.." She lifted a hand to slap him, but he caught it.

"Be careful. I don't want you to be the first female that ends up on my wall.."

She seemed confused, but more alarmed than confused. Snatching her hand back, she glared at him.

This is probably how it happens.. Hm.. I wonder..