The Cold Hand

There was a knock on the door just as he was getting ready to leave for his nightly errand. Seeing as though he was already heading out, he answered the door.
"What are you doing?"
"You should already know the answer to that." Glancing at him, he adjusted his hat and straightened his vest.
"No, I'm saying what are you doing?"
"Having my time wasted on a past integer that needs to either walk with me or move."
"No." Suddenly, there was a soft moan that came from the couch. Officer Jeon's eyes were then drawn to it. "What is that?" He asked, peering into the house.
"The obvious. Now step aside. I need to be back before she wakes up."
"You slept with her?"
"Is that couch built for two?" He calmly retorted back.
"Listen, M-." His eyes were threatening. "Man.. Just tell me what you need done to keep you out of trouble and I will do it."
"Much oblige. Now move." He said calmly as he took a step forward. His footsteps getting softer and softer with every step that moved further and further away from him. Suddenly, he stopped when he'd heard the voice.

"Why do you always do this? Push me away? I go, I save you and clean up the mess. I-I try to be the best friend that I can be and help you to have a better outlook on life. So why can't you just do the same?" Slowly, he turned around.
"What do you want from me?"
"I want my friend back. I want to be able to go home and sleep peacefully, knowing that you will be okay. Knowing that you are in a state of mind that is not dangerous. Not worrying about having to wake up the next day and having to clean up your mess or having to rant to you about you." He walked over to him. "I want you to accept my friendship." Holding his hand out, he waited for the similar shape of his hand to fit in his; But holding hands with the past was the last thing he wanted.
"Why?" He furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would you need to waste your breath on me or feel obligated to save me from a fate that's long overdue?"
"Because I know that I'm in debt to you."

"I've never asked for an I-Owe-You. So what's your motivation?"
"You saved my life! And you know better than anybody how that went. So please.. Just accept my friendship and live a happy life." He grinned as he chuckled.
"Happy? At least one of us knows what that term feels like." His feet shifting forward. His back facing toward a friend.
"Don't threaten anybody at the bar tonight, you hear me? Don't threaten a soul!"

Unphased, his feet kept the same tempo they had always kept when he would walk the streets at night.

If only he knew that I am not the one who starts the fights..