Company

The beams stayed bright when the car came to a stop. He could hear the heavy shutting of the car door, but didn't budge besides to take another hit from a long-failed friend in his hand.

Smoking cigarettes is bad for your health, huh? Then why hasn't it done it's job and killed me yet?

With the roll of his eyes accompanied by the shake of his head, he took another smoke before putting out the relaxing slow killer of lungs. A bag soon sat still in front of his feet. Paying no mind to the person standing in front of him, he picked up the bag.
"I didn't go to the place you wanted me to go." He paused. " I bought all of these clothes from the store. They should all be a little oversized on her."
"Who said that I wanted you to go there?"
"You said it yourself. You know where she lives."
"And nowhere did I specifically say that I wanted you to go there." The silence was chilling as the glare of Officer Jeon soon subsided.
"Well I've done my job and I'm taking leave for the night." He nodded. "Do you really not care? Do you really not care at all anymore?" He continued to look onward as if he wasn't there. "Ever since that incident, you've never been the same.. I'm really trying, M-."
"Well don't try. You don't want the law busting your ass for doing illegal acts, right? Just leave me be and I'll be glad when I have my death wish."

Shaking his head, Officer Jeon opened the car door. "You've changed."

As does everyone.. He thought.

~

Taking the bag into the house, he picked out some undergarments for her to wear.

Good job, Jeon. You got all lingerie..

Knocking twice on the bathroom door, he opened it, throwing her clothes in there along with a towel. "Here. Put this on when you get out." Closing the door, he had decided to relax on the couch after cleaning it. It was then that his mind began to wander..

~

Taehyung had been his companion since the school year began, and yet, he had begun to notice how uneasy Taehyung got when around a certain group of boys..

They were a pack of two, though he had his suspicions..

These boys would oftentimes come into class with dirty looks on their faces. Any one person who dared to look in their direct was immediately ripped to pieces with a single glare.

Knowing this, he still took his chances to observe them as they exchanged glances while looking at Taehyung.

When looking at Taehyung, their eyes were never filled with hate; but confirmation.

~

Suddenly, the door opened and out she walked in her new nightgown. Unashamed of her body, she fell once again victim to her amnesia.

"Who are you?"
"You don't know me." she scoffed. "But you're going to.. Even though I know that even after I tell you about me, you will forget all about who I am." She took a deep breath before grabbing her stomach.
"Why am I here?" he got up off the couch, heading into the kitchen.
"You should ask yourself the same thing." he set a bottle of pain pills down as his gaze met hers. "Why are you here?"

He nodded upon watching her fumble. She could hardly get any words out, until.. "I don't remember.."
"Exactly." He grabbed a glass, filling it with water before gesturing it towards her. "Take this."
"What?"
"Take this. It'll lessen the pain."
"How do I know it's not poison? You could be trying to kill me!"
"Trust me. If I wanted to kill you, you'd have been dead a few days ago." His eyes were empty which made her fear him more. "Drink."

She did, watching him very closely as she did so. "What is your name?"
"Tell me yours."
"I don't remember."
"Fine by me."
"Why can't you just tell me?" She asked, frustrated.
"It is better that you do not know who I am so that we may get along more. Go, look at what you know of me already. The papers are on the walls."

She did just that as she read the paper loudly labeled: RULES.

"I know a lot more than you think I do. But it is up to you to trust me. You can leave at anytime if you wish but just remember that if you can't remember where you're from, you have no other place to go."