The First One

The water turned pink with the blood that had been mixing with the water, reminding him. Lathering soap onto the wash cloth, he began to reminisce about the days he had spent when he had first arrived at the academy. Her pain reminded him of that.

"Are you able to wash yourself?" No response. Seeing her weak frame took him back to that day. Blood was everywhere. His hands covered in the copper smelling essence of a lost life. Not being able to hear the screaming of the many voices that had been telling him to think quickly and run. Sighing, he disregarded the horrid memory as he began to wash her.

"You know, I'm not mad at you for any of this. With your amnesia, it would be next to impossible to keep up with your monthly date." Thinking to himself for a moment, he came to a conclusion. "From now on, I will keep track of it for you. No more surprises."

~

"Surprise! Do you like the new school?" The annoying laugh followed. Although he stayed silent, the voice continued. "You don't talk much, do you? That's alright." Wrapping his arm around him, he began to guide him around the building.. "As your guide for today, I should let you know that you ought to get used to me being around. My name's Taehyung. Are you going to tell me who you are?" Silence followed. "That's fine. I already know your name." he grinned.

Walking around the school, he said nothing as Taehyung lead the way. The walls were so grand being covered in historical artistry. This place seemed more like a museum than a school for Policemen in training. "Let me see your schedule." he said to himself before whipping out his own copy of his schedule. "It was given to me by the principal so that I could show you around. Looks like your first class is here." he pointed to a room on the map of the third floor. "Your second class will be here, then you go here and.." he trailed off before looking up at him with a bright smile. "Looks like you and I will be having the same class at the end of the day. Come on. I'll show you where exactly your classes are before I show you our class and clubs you could join."

After a while of walking and listening, Taehyung finally brought him to the gymnasium. "Welcome to our class." he beamed. "As you can see, it has a stable set of obstacle courses made of steel, iron, wood and brick. You will be expected, as a new trainee, to complete this course and try to beat the record time. Now, I know that it may feel overwhelming, but you'll get used to it. You'll get stronger overtime and pretty soon, you'll be just like me." he grinned. His smile quickly dropped when he heard the door on the other side of the gymnasium open.

In walked another suspect. "We'd better go. I'll show you where the lunch room is."

~

"Are you hungry?" he asked. She weakly sighed and continued resting in the bathtub. "Are you feeling okay? Is it too hot?" she lightly nodded. He got up to go grab a fan and bring it in there for her but then paused. "Do you want to get out?" she stayed silent and slowly shook her head. He them left to retrieve the fan for her. Once on, he adjusted it to her liking.

"Please go." she mumbled. "Please go away. I need my privacy."

Without hesitation, he left. Grabbing his jacket, he went outside to smoke. The flicker of the lighter already giving him a temporary peace upon hearing it. The toxic fumes of nicotine becoming his best friend that pulled him deeper and deeper into a world that he desperately wanted to get out of. Yet, at the same time, it pulled him out of his misery for a moment before dropping him back from almost touching cloud9, to sometimes falling back head first to planet one.

Placing his hands in the pockets, he felt something. Pulling out the mysterious paper, he saw that it was the photo that he wouldn't let her see.

So.. Again.. She has tried to steal from me..

The not surprising, yet still disappointing moment was soon washed away by the memories in his thoughts by going back to that night..

Not even the high beams that were approaching him could fully capture his attention.