Black

A couple seconds went by before they could all just barely hear the sirens. Everyone was on edge now. Namjoon calmly kept sipping his drink. "Enjoy your freedom while you can, guys. Soon, it'll be him to blame if he doesn't tell me the problem."

"What the fuck, man? Just tell him!" Hoseok yelled. Namjoon held up his hand to silence him.
"Suga, seriously. Namjoon is not playing games right now. All our lives are at stake here. Do you want to get expelled?"
"No."
"Then what the hell is your problem?!"
"Nothing."
"Stop lying to me, man!" Taehyung pleaded.
"Listen, Suga. Namjoon really cares about you. But in order for this group to work, he needs to know if you care about all of us. So please just tell him the truth!" Jungkook chimed in.
"I'm just mad!"
"Mad at what?!"
"I don't want to be here! I just need to fucking study!"

The sirens we closer than ever now. As if they were just around the corner and Namjoon smiled.

"Go. Study. Return when exams are over."
"I'll take him home."
"No. Let him blow off some steam. He needs to know why we should never walk alone."

~

Walking along a familiar path, he worried not about the police catching him, but about being able to get home in time to study. If he wasn't back at the dorm in time, he wouldn't be able to get a wink of sleep.

Soon, he heard footsteps behind him disturbing the grass. Not bothering to look behind himself, he walked faster. The footsteps followed faster than before, making the disturbance of the grass very obvious. And, like a track star, he began running.

The footsteps did not follow him after a while of wildly kissing the pavement, yet he did not stop running until stopped by an officer.

"Whoa there, young man. Where are you off to in such a rush?"
"I'm sorry. I just heard footsteps behind me on my way back to my dorm and took off."

"Officer Jin, do you copy?" The radio reported. He froze.

It couldn't possibly be the same Officer Jin, could it?

"Stay right there." He said before walking away towards the radio. Looking up to see the back of his head, his heart rate sped up when he recognized him.. "This is Officer Seokjin, would you repeat the situation?"

"Officer Jin, there's been an illegal fire started near the run down areas of downtown. Specifically next to where the old gas station shut down." Looking over at the heaving kid, Officer Jin sighed.
"I'll alert the fire department. For now, look for any clues of evidence to find the guilty culprits."
"Copy that."

Looking over at the boy again, Officer Jin began to further arise his suspicions. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?" Without a word, he turned his head to look directly at Officer Jin, showing his face. Instantly, the Officer's expression dropped, recognizing him. "No.." He shook his head. "It couldn't be you." Shutting the door, he muttered to himself. "It couldn't possibly.." Starting the engine, Officer Jin soon pulled away, leaving the hiding member in the bushes smiling at his newfound advantage.

Once at the gate, he slowly dragged his way up to the stairs to his dorm where he immediately relieved himself of his coat and shoes. With a sigh, he took a quick shower before sitting at his desk.

It's gonna be a long night..

~

Opening his eyes, it felt as if he hadn't slept all night. Looking over at all the scattered pills, he sighed.

Dammit. I didn't die.

His body felt like a boulder; very heavy, barely able to move. Though no pain was evident, the pain of failure had thrown his mind in a frenzy. Grabbing hold of the box filled with his addiction, he lit the pain away as the smoke filled the room. Feeling woozy, he allowed himself to relax and just as soon as he had closed his eyes, they were just as quickly opened. The voice, though distant, could be deciphered through his drugged sleepiness.

"There's a.. door!" Rubbing his face, he succumbed to his confusion.
"Wha?"
"There's a man at the door!"

What the fuck? It's dark outside. This better not be Jungkook.

Getting up, he slumped his way over toward the window

"Tch. I knew it."