Bloody Sheets

The darkness had dawned. The night was clear and the air had been having its way with him, kissing the breeze. Licking lips, the parched but well-known stranger stepped in the bar. Everyone's eyes staring at the bag in his hand.

Yellow made it stick out against his black attire and the plastic grabbed the attention of the ones who hadn't seen. The sound making its way around the bar, raping the ears of many over the drunken sounds of their persona.

"What cha got there?" The bartender pried as he set down a glass for him. Though he said nothing, the bartender was determined to have his way. "Did ya finally muster up the courage to go up in the store and apologize?" He snickered. With a sigh of annoyance, he ignored the old man as he casted his gaze alongside of him. With a chuckle, the man said, "It seems you haven't changed a bit since last time, yet I see that you've decided to start coming more frequently.." Placing down the glass, his eyes became parallel with his. "Why?"
"You just don't learn," He began as he reached for his drink. Lifting the drink to his lips, he said, "do you?"
"And I guess it doesn't take you a lifetime to figure out some things about the law, does it?" His eyes piercing the devil provoking him. "Then again, who wouldn't want to know about the kid that's earned himself the reputation as the killer of Daegu?" His grin didn't last long as he slammed down the glass, causing it to break. Rising to the occasion, the fire did also within him. "So what now?" Putting another glass on the counter, all became silent.

"Am I your next victim?"

Without a word, the drink disappeared in one gulp as everyone's eyes stared at the one they called The Killer of Daegu.

"What's in the bag? Poison?"
"No. Just a lowlife's future, like you." Putting the bag on the counter, his eyes challenged the man to look. Instantly after one peek, the man's grin became a pale expression. Now, with a grin, he disappeared without a blink.

~

His mind traveled back to the night before when she had been sleeping. Her whimpers could be heard all throughout the night, but she wouldn't wake up. He sought to find out what was wrong when his hand hand fallen into a dark liquid.
Immediately inspecting his hand, he knew what the substance was. With a sigh, he picked up her soiled frame, carrying her down to the well fabricated couch for her to rest on while he got ready. Tearing the sheets off of the bed, he checked for any bloodstains on the mattress itself before making an exit when the door had an expected distant stranger to appear in front of it.

~

Now, as he approached the front door, he realized that the front door had been propped open a little. Caring little about the potential risk, he walked in boldly to find Officer Jeon at the couch hold her hand. Sitting right by her side. Looking up in tears, his eyes met his.

He knew exactly what he was thinking.