The Promise (약수했다)

"Why was I not one of the devout members?"

"Because you and I both discovered, on a particular day, that we both wanted a way out."

~

"Come with me." She said, taking him by the hand. She led him to a dark room where no one was around. An old classroom. Her attention soon turned to the window as her hand let go of his. Approaching it slowly, she took a step for seemingly every breath. Her illuminating figure only seemed to put his mind in a state of awe internally whilst maintaining his composure on the outside.

"This is my favorite place to come to when no one is around." She paused between her sentences. "I call it: My Clarity/Mind."
He chuckled slightly, "Why do you call it that?"
"You see the classroom? It's dark. Cluttered with dusty desks that were left behind. It's a mess in here, but albeit an organized one. My body is a prison as to where this window and the state of this room represent my true self. It is my solitude and seemingly, my only way out."

"From what?"

The air stiffened and was accompanied by the chilled silence. Her body soon turning around with the most serious of eyes, saying "Them." Turning her attention back towards the window, she sighed. "I never wanted to be put in there in the first place.."

His ears perked up to that statement.

So I guess I'm not the only one anymore..

"Hoseok wanted me to be in this group so that we could stay together. And I mean, they've been good to us. They're really the only family we have after our parents died. Bangtan took us in, have fed us, taught us and better yet, strengthened us. But I don't really want this.."

"I know what you mean." Her eyes shot over to him. "It's what Taehyung and I fought about.." Taking a few steps forward, he continued talking. "I couldn't wrap my head around the fact as to why he would invite me to join such a group where you're either a friend or the enemy.. I couldn't understand why we did so many of those illegal things if we were all studying in a police academy. And when I had to join, I really didn't like how I had no choice. It felt like I would be targeted if I didn't.. As if, they might kill me.. And it still feels that way sometimes.."

Crossing her arms, she smiled. "I guess that's why we got along so well.. I knew that we were alike.. That we don't belong here. But I guess we'll have each other as windows until we can find a way out."

"Jiu. We can leave together. I'll find a way to get us out and I'll do my best to protect you."
"We'd have to go into hiding if they don't kill us."
"I know. But at least we wouldn't have to be around them anymore.. But what about Hoseok?" She paused before approaching him.
"Here." She said, removing what was, to her, a precious clothing article. "Take this hat as something to represent us and our desire to leave. I want you to have this hat for when you leave-."
"Ji-."
"Shh." She said, placing her finger against her lips. "When you escape, keep this hat to remind you of me. But, the catch is that you must come back for me when the time is right."

"And what if you're already gone when I come back for you?"

"If I somehow have made a way out of there myself, just know that I won't ever be too far away. So if I'm ever lost, then it's your job to come and find me." She smiled, placing the hat on his head.

He couldn't stop staring at her, yet had no idea as to what to do. But in this case, he didn't have to.

Her lips soon pressed up against his as her arms wrapped about his neck. His hands hesitantly, yet instinctively began to caress her waist. Her hands seemed to know what exactly they were doing. She used her right hand to control the movements of his face while her left slowly moved down his torso. He immediately froze and grabbed her hand when she had just begun to snake her fingertips down his pants.

"Jiu."
"I Love You." She blurted through her exotic whispers. Her eyes locked on his. Their eyes stayed locked on each other for a moment before she began her lustful whispers again. "Please. Let me do this."
"Jiu.." He protested as she began to use her right hand to snake down to make little circles on his chest, and eventually, his stomach. Going lower and lower each time she made a circle. "Jiu.." Grabbing her other hand, his intensely timid stare took over her eyes until he too gave into her lust with a kiss.