Darkness to Light

And even after the days when Taehyung had intentionally introduced him to Jiu and the days grew sour between them, it was still Taehyung who had a secret hope that they would get back together.

Friends still need their friends after all. But after that night when he screamed at him to fuck off, Taehyung's hopes were shattered and it were as if the world had just spat on him.

This was the world that Taehyung knew, but never got used to.

Love and regret.

Regret, then hope.

Hope,

Then shatter.

But he didn't understand it. No one understood it. Not even he knew the answer as to why. He just wished that the cycle would stop.

And it eventually had..

But not until after that night.

~

He sat weeping as he marveled at the bloody remains of an old friend. And although he had never apologized or admitted it, the truth was that he had too hoped to piece things back together and erase the bad things that tore them apart in the first place.

He wept in the spot where he knew had been stained with Taehyung's blood. And like Jungkook had a few hours earlier - and even a few years ago, he now too wept and begged at the place where his soul parted the earth.

He would never forgive me..

I did this.. I'm the one to blame..

It's all my fault..

It was a sad reminder of the past. The only difference being that he hadn't been there to witness the murder.

But who would do such a thing?

He stopped himself from thinking these thoughts because he knew.. He knew that if he hadn't let his anger get the best of him and cut Jungkook off that he would've known the Who, Why and How.

But now, he knew that it was best if he didn't know.

Tears pouring at the unmarked death site, he began to beg.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. Everything's my fault. I will pay for what I have done to you."

-

Upon arriving back at the house, he had already lost a stable state of mind. Saying nothing, he opened the door to the hellhole that was his. Shuffling over to the kitchen and then to the seat directly across from the occupied couch, he sat there watching the beautiful girl he once used to see by the fountain. The gorgeous being that he would give anything for in a heartbeat. The only woman in the world whom would ever posses his heart.

Please stay at peace.. Just like this.. He thought to himself.

"And never wake up if it is a pleasant dream.."

Gazing down at the peacefully gorgeous girl, he found an old itch begin to rekindle and turn within himself. He wanted her, but not in the way that had been expected. Allowing his eyes to study every inch of her pure skin, he internally smiled at the thought that there was a remarkably huge possibility that she was still the same girl that he had fallen in love with a long time ago.

His desire for her soon became like that of a moth with her lips being the flames that he wanted to be scorched by. Because of the circumstances he was now in, rationality and reason went out the window.

It was time to say goodbye.

Nodding to himself for reassurance that this was what he truly wanted to do - despite the possible consequences - he lowered himself, eyes closed, to her lips.

Burn me.. Scorch me.. I know I deserve it..

The moment just before their lips touched, he whispered to her quietly, "I'm sorry, Jiu."

I am to blame for everything..

And then, he fulfilled the hunger he felt. Though, he felt that he had not been scorched. Like sweet chocolate, he melted within her all over just as if it were that first time they had ever made love.

Not wanting to pull away, but knowing that he must, the tears clouded his eyes again. Though he dared not wipe the blur away, the threatening fog never fell. Though despite all of this, he knew that she was now awake.

"You're back."
"Yes, I am." Hesitation in her speech followed before she finally got it out.
"Why did you kiss me?"
"Because I loved you." Shocked by not only his choice of words, but also his choice of tenses.
"..Loved?" He nodded.
"Yes. Loved. I can't be fully sure of who you are now, which is what prevents me from saying that I love you now. Though, if I were to somehow know that you were still the same person, I could say I still love you."

Still shocked, all she could do was stare at the man's warm, red face. It was a face she knew had been hidden behind a cold one for a long time. And she knew what he now needed more than ever: This man was obviously in overdue need of love. Before she could even say a word, the sound of glass against the wooden table as he slid it towards her took over.

"Take this."
"What's this?"
"Your medicine."

Knowing full well that this was no time to be asking ify questions about poisoning, she decided to trust the extremely familiar man.

Taking the cup, he placed the glass in the sink before grabbing his hat and making paces towards the door.

"Where are you going?"

Although she hadn't been the one to have said it, he knew that her inquisitive eyes were asking.

"I'll be back."

Taking one last gaze at the hat that lay in his hands, he took a deep breath before putting it on and shutting the door behind him.