Not Enough

Her eyes danced with every step she watched that daunting figure float away with. It haunted her.

How could such a man know so much..? What do I mean to him and why?

Not long after she sat conflicted staring at the picture, there had been another present at the door. Her eyes darted towards the wooden stature before darting up the stairs - not sure of whether to be wary, calm or both.

~

If one were to look for him, he could be found in his room. And although he preferred not to, his room door was unlocked, yet kept closed for others to keep out when he became acquainted with these sort of moods.

The world had been spinning as he began drifting to a place without no end.

I truly hope that I have finally told her enough..

~

In her failed attempts to make him aware of the situation, she took the liberty of leaving. She never returned, though it had been clear that someone else did.

He felt his body being pulled about like a ragdoll and yet, it didn't sting when the his sight revealed the blurry slaps of a hand belonging to a mysterious person.

Soon, everything officially became black for him and the man holding his comatose soma.

It became very evident to her as she watched the strange man's tears pour over the 'old friend'.

Curious, yet startled, she decided to wait and see what the man would do before questioning him.

Soon, he arose with body in arms and the determination to go through with the hardest decision he would ever have to make. Upon facing the door, the questioning began..

Is he dead?

Will he be okay?

Who is that man?

Does this happen often?

After a long moment of silence, she finally spoke up.

"Where are you taking him?" pausing in his tracks, the man took a moment to look down at the body, checking to see if it was still breathing, before answering.
"The closest place that I can find help." He responded, not wanting to startle her by being blunt. He was only able to take one step forward before she opened her mouth again.
"What's wrong with him?" Sighing, he closed his eyes in frustration.
"I owe this man my life," slowly, he lovingly casted his gaze upon him.

He's still breathing..

"And I think that - despite the fact that he'll hate me - I should finally do the same.."

This newborn tear had a particularly long life as it slowly crept down the cheek of the officer in uniform, ran alongside the crevice that made up his laugh line and eventually crossed over to die on his lips.

"M..n,

Don't do this to me..

I can't lose you too.."