Chapter 14

"Hello" someone calls from behind Bo and she turns only to lose the smiles from her face as she stares at the girl.

"Yes?" Bo asks as she dreads to hear the next words from the girl's mouth.

"Hi, I am Emily...Gage asked me to come over...umm so" Emily leaves the words at that.

"And why do you..."

"Oh never mind, there he is" Emily waves her hands as she turns to walk towards Gage's office as he walks out of the door.

"Gage" the girl calls and Bo watches as Gage looks up before a smile spreads on his face when he sees the girl.

"Em, you are here" Gage exclaims before he hugs the girl and drops a kiss on her cheek.

"Yes, well you did promise me lunch remember?" she teases wrapping her arms around his.

"Yes, mom will love more company. You do not mind having lunch with my parents do you? I try to join them most of the times," he asks as they start to walk towards the elevator.

"Of course not, your mom is so sweet, you know last time I saw her in mom's tea party she shared some recipes and they are wonderful...

Ever since I have been dying to taste her handmade food" Emily smiles.

"Cool" he smiles back before his eyes lands on Bo.

"Hey" he greets her.

"Bye" Bo replies as she turns to walk towards her desk and Gage just smiles at Emily before they make their way towards the elevator.

*******

"Don't murder these nuggets" Beth scolds her daughter who begrudgingly stabs on the little nuggets instead of eating him.

"It was a murder as soon as they killed the chicken to feed us mom" Bo sighs pushing the plate away.

"Okay what is it? Talk to me" Beth sighs knowing well something was bothering her daughter.

"What's so wrong with me that he cannot fall for me?" she questions at once making Beth open and close her mouth few times.

"Uh who?" she questions finally.

"Forget it mom, I will go now" Bo sighs as she goes to get up but Beth holds her hand to stop Bo.

"Do you like someone?"

"That would be the understatement of the year mom"

"Talk to me then?"

"What's the use? I am going"

"Bo, I am your mother and even if things are different from our times I know love is same, it will always be same"

"Well unlike your and dad's fairytale love I do not think it will turn out to be same for me"

"Well it was not a fairytale once, even if he loves me a lot, there was a time he walked away from me" Beth sighs as she gets up and pushes her daughter to the chair before she passes the plate asking her to eat.

"Why would dad do that?" Bo asks not knowing this part of her parent's love life.

"Men are fools; they are just scared sometimes. They do not want to be, tied up with just one woman...

Thinking their bachelor life will be, ruined or some sort or we will start to dominate their happy life, but the truth is sometimes they are like a child...

All they need is patience from us, our love to, make them realize that being with us will not be so bad and a forever is possible if they step in too...