Chapter 6: You can laugh too?

Just as Xi Jun had promised, the next day after An Lian and Jian Chen had finished classes they were given a time and place to meet the two girls for a double date.

An Lian was not excited.

First of all, he had to be alone with Jian Chen, both while going to the designated café and waiting for the girls to arrive. Jian Chen made him nervous.

It wasn't that An Lian didn't like Jian Chen, his impression was actually quite good, just that whenever he was left alone with him, An Lian felt an immense pressure in his chest that made him anxious. The man was too intimidating!

Secondly, An Lian had no interest in these girls – or rather dating. All his life he had never experienced this so called 'love' and he didn't go looking for it either. He really didn't understand why people wasted time on relationships that would only last a few months...

Needless to say, An Lian was totally hopeless about these things and it made him a bit embarrassed.

On the other hand, Jian Chen had seen it all. Being born good-looking, rich and talented, the girls flocked around him his whole life. So much so that he started becoming uninterested. He would occasionally date a girl but it would never last long as he got bored.

Which is why An Lian fascinated him so much. How can someone never have even touched a girl? Watching someone struggle so much entertained him. [A/N Kind of like Little Flower struggling with doing quests... haha.]

Finally, fifteen minutes late the girls arrived, and both immediately tried flirting with Jian Chen.

Wow, they must think they've scored big time with Jian Chen. Well at least I don't have to deal with them now... An Lian thought.

Jian Chen was not amused.

The point of this was to get the girls to talk to An Lian, talk about backfire...

As the 'double date' went on Jian Chen's frown only grew as he realised something. An Lian shouldn't get close to these types of girls, it's clear they only have one goal... He looked over at An Lian who was leisurely staring out the café window at the lightly frosted streets outside. Jian Chen smirked. Wow, must be nice.

Feeling a burning gaze on him An Lian turned his head to see Jian Chen smiling at him. Slightly caught off guard, An Lian smiled back quickly before the girls noticed Jian Chen wasn't paying attention to them and called out to him.

"Jian Chen Ge, I heard that the lake is pretty at this time of year, it's all frozen over! Romantic right? Let's go!" Girl 1* almost shouts.

* I don't feel like coming up with names as these girls are just side hoes.

"An Lian, do you want to go?" Jian Chen asks An Lian, completely ignoring the two girls opposite him.

"Ah?" An Lian looks at Jian Chen with big eyes.

And so, the four set off to look at the frozen lake from under a nearby bridge.

At this point, Jian Chen was fed up with these girls. They would not shut up! Their shrill voices were starting give him a migraine constantly screaming "Ge Ge". The only thing keeping him sane was An Lian's indifferent behaviour and expression as he was just looking around almost completely blocking everything out. Jian Chen found this quite amusing to watch.

Jian Chen also noticed that the girls were becoming aware of his uninterested behaviour toward them. Wanting to mess with them further Jian Chen exclusively paid attention to An Lian, walking beside him and talking to him only.

The whole scene was quite entertaining for any passer-by to see.

And it so happens one of the passer-by's was no other than Ru Lan.

Ever since that one fateful lesson where she discovered Jian Chen and An Lian's secret she had been intensely researching the couple to get information to bring them together.

What an opportunity this was!

The couple walking together next to a frozen lake in the winter, so romantic ah! Apart from those two vultures trailing them... what to do about this.

Ru Lan thought to herself before coming up with a plan while watching a man walk his large shaggy dog nearby.

"Excuse me sir, I need this! It's for a good cause, I'll be right back!" Ru Lan yelled while grabbing the leash from the unsuspecting man who just stood there dumbfounded.

Ru Lan with an overly excited dog went over to the two girls.

Once the dog saw people it immediately ran up to them and tried to jump up to lick their faces.

"AHHHH GET IT AWAY FROM ME IT'S DIRTY!!!" [Cock-block... ahem] Girl 2 screamed.

Jian Chen turned around to see what the commotion was, shielding An Lian. Watching the girls distracted by the dog, he saw an opportunity took An Lian's arm and ran.

Before the girls could even register what happened both boys were gone and Ru Lan apologised saying the dog was just too excited before leaving to return it to the owner who watched the whole thing confused.

Once they were out of sight, Jian Chen started laughing with his hands on his knees.

An Lian was still out of breath from running and his cheeks had turned red. He was very surprised by Jian Chen's laughter. He can laugh too?

"An Lian, those types of girls, don't get close to them they are no good." Jian Chen earnestly said looking up at An Lian's flushed face.

After An Lian cooled down again from running, the sweat had made his clothes slightly damp causing him to shiver.

Noticing this, Jian Chen quickly went to the nearest vending machine and bought two hot drinks, giving one to An Lian to warm his hands.

The two then decided they had enough fun for today and returned back to the dorm - not before Jian Chen added.

"An Lian, your endurance is really bad, let me train you sometime."

---------

A/N

I was going to update tomorrow.. but I couldn't wait ^^. 

So, more like a date between An Lian and Jian Chen... XD

Next chapter gets a bit... warm? Look forward to it. 

As always, thanks for reading and voting! 

- Light