Chapter 28: Take care of your wife!

Things were getting stressful for An Lian.

Exams were just around the corner and due to recent events, An Lian had fallen behind in his studies. He knew that if he dropped in his subjects the consequences would be severe.

An Lian had still not contacted his aunt since that event and he was very frightened because they had not contacted him either.

Somewhere in his heart he had hope that they had forgotten the whole thing and let him off – but if he were to fall in a subject they would surely find out and these things might resurface.

So the first thing An Lian did was send a message to Storm in-game to tell him he won't be playing for a while as he needs to study. Thankfully to An Lian, Storm was very understanding and told him to take care of his body too and not over do it.

An Lian smiled thinking of how kind Storm was to him after all that had happened.

But he could not smile for too long, as he remembered all the work he had to do before his exams.

Maybe if I do really well, my aunt can forget this whole thing...

An Lian started planning out his next few days carefully, taking into account every possible minute of every day. He needed to fully optimise his time! Which meant, sacrificing unnecessary tasks such as playing games... sleeping and eating too needed to be regulated.

Sigh... It's my own fault I've left it to this, might as well suck it up and deal with the consequences.

An Lian gathered his books and made his way to the library.

He found a quiet corner and put his head down to begin his work.

------

Jian Chen saw An Lian's actions and had read his messages - he was feeling a bit worried for the boy.

It is not unusual to study hard before an exam, you would be a fool not to. But Jian Chen had a feeling An Lian would over exert himself. Because Jian Chen noticed An Lian looking more and more stressed these days.

Jian Chen felt pain in his heart looking at An Lian in this state, but he wasn't quite sure what to do, because he knew getting a good grade was important to An Lian.

He watched An Lian wake up early in the morning, bags under his eyes, gather his things to go straight to the library.

Every day he looked more tired.

The third day, while Jian Chen was watching An Lian studying in the library, he came across a small note in the book he was flipping through.

"An Lian is probably hungry right?

How about getting him something to eat!

From, a friend"

Jian Chen stared at the note with wide eyes.

Someone else has been watching An Lian?

Suspicious, he looked around where he was sitting for any clue as to who wrote this note. But there was no-one around.

Jian Chen frowned.

He didn't like the idea that someone else was looking at his An Lian, but none-the-less the note did bring up a good point.

Jian Chen rubbed his forehead in disbelief.

Why haven't I thought of buying him food?

He quickly got up and raced out the door.

When he returned, he was carrying a warm plastic bag filled with steamy pork buns.

He saw An Lian was still at his desk in the secluded corner of the library, but he had fallen asleep in the middle of reading and lay with his face resting on the pages of a textbook.

Jian Chen smiled at the adorable sight but also felt uneasy in his heart.

Has he really been working this hard? An Lian, didn't you promise to take care of your health?

Jian Chen walked over and pulled a chair up beside the sleeping boy, carefully sitting down and placing the bag on the table.

He stared at the boy's delicate features as he slept somewhat uncomfortably.

An Lian was frowning slightly and mumbling incoherent words every now and then.

He must have a lot on his mind.

Jian Chen extended his hand and stroked the boy's hair – his thumb occasionally gently rubbing circles on An Lian's soft cheek.

The frown on An Lian's brow softened as he smacked his lips faintly and shuffled into a more comfortable position, resting his head more snuggly on his arms.

Jian Chen chuckled softly as he watched An Lian sleep.

They stayed like this for about fifteen minutes until An Lian began to wake up from his nap.

His first reaction was to bolt awake and sit up in his chair, then he noticed Jian Chen sitting beside him smiling gently.

An Lian felt a blush creep up on his cheeks as he blinked his eyes awake.

An Lian: "W-when did you get here Jian Chen?"

Jian Chen replied sternly, "An Lian, have you been eating? When did you last take a break? It's not good for your body to be studying without break all the time, your results will be impacted if you don't take care of yourself."

An Lian looked down, slightly afraid of Jian Chen's tone.

Jian Chen realised he might have sounded a bit too harsh and ruffled the boy's hair.

Jian Chen: "Xiao Lian, let's eat something okay? I bought you some steamed pork buns."

An Lian noticed the bag on the table and felt a strange sensation in his heart.

He bought me food?

An Lian's stomach growled, and Jian Chen grinned, "You're hungry?"

An Lian: "Ah, I've haven't eaten today..."

Jian Chen was surprised, "Huh? Why not?"

An Lian cast his eyes away in shame,

"Actually... I've run out of money for this month..."

--------------

A/N

Greeting lovelies!

I'm really sorry I didn't reply to any comments last chapter I had no time, but thank-you all for your kind words as always! 

There were mixed emotions around last chapter but I hope this fluffy chapter cheers you up!

Remember if you're going through exams to take care of yourself - a good night's rest is more important than last minute cramming! Missing sleep for one night can affect your brain functions for a whole week! 

Bye now! ^^

- Light